ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Everybody

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
I thought it would be fun to do tournament style poll of this boards favorite Sooners of the Bob Stoops era using the 8 or potentially top 16 most nominated players and see who comes out on top.

How bout? If so list your top 16 and we'll see how it works out.

Antonio Perkins
Josh Heupel
Quentin Griffin
Derrick Strait
Rocky Calmus
Dan Cody
Sam Bradford
Torrance Marshall
Antwon Savage
Mark Clayton
Roy Williams
Michael Thompson
Jason White
Gerald McCoy
Tommie Harris
Ryan Broyles

I intentionally left off offensive linemen, because I could name 16 of them alone.

Edit - and I put very little thought into this. The question just happened to catch me while I'm sitting here taking care of business.

I thought it would be fun to do tournament style poll of this boards favorite Sooners of the Bob Stoops era using the 8 or potentially top 16 most nominated players and see who comes out on top.

How bout? If so list your top 16 and we'll see how it works out.

Will run through my memory bank, and develop my favorites list. I guess I need to weigh favorite vs most talented. This could be an interesting endeavor.

Antonio Perkins
Josh Heupel
Quentin Griffin
Derrick Strait
Rocky Calmus
Dan Cody
Sam Bradford
Torrance Marshall
Antwon Savage
Mark Clayton
Roy Williams
Michael Thompson
Jason White
Gerald McCoy
Tommie Harris
Ryan Broyles

I intentionally left off offensive linemen, because I could name 16 of them alone.

Edit - and I put very little thought into this. The question just happened to catch me while I'm sitting here taking care of business.

I'm sure with minimal thought your list would grow significantly.

Favorites huh....no order....in 3 minutes of thought

Baker Mayfield
Quentin Griffin
Ontei Jones
Roy Williams
Brandon Everage
Gerald McCoy
Sam Bradford
Jason White
Rodney Anderson
Demarco Murray
Eric Striker
Trent Smith
Ryan Broyles
Mark Clayton
Torrance Marshall
Jamell Fleming

Mark Andrews
Ryan Boyles
Sam Bradford
Jammal Brown
Mark Clayton
Tommie Harris
Teddy Lehman
Baker Mayfield
Gerald McCoy
Antonio Perkins
Adrian Peterson
Duke Robinson
Derrick Strait
Dede Westbrook
Jason White
Roy Williams

I could easily list 16 more.

Last edited:
Maybe I mistook the question. Lee Morris may have been recruited under Stoops, but I'm almost 100% certain he never played a game under Bob Stoops.

What defines the Bob Stoops era?
Ones that played lol.

Brandon Everage... RIP

Someone made the comment on the CCG thread along the lines, "remember when Oklahoma used to hit like Baylor?"

Reminded me of Brandon. I would drop Michael Thompson from my list for Brandon.

Demarco Murray
Josh Heupel
Quinton Griffin
Sterling Shepard
Roy Williams
Brandon Everage (RIP)
Mark Clayton
Gerald McCoy
Sam Bradford
Trey Millard
Orlando Brown
Dede Westbrook
Mark Andrews
Baker Mayfield
Derrick Strait
Anthony Perkins
Adrian Peterson
Ryan Broyles
Ontai Jones
Torrance Marshall
Rocky Calmus
Jason White
Tommy Harris
Rodney Anderson

My Top 24. I could even have more.

Last edited:
Antonio Perkins
Josh Heupel
Quentin Griffin
Derrick Strait
Rocky Calmus
Dan Cody
Sam Bradford
Torrance Marshall
Antwon Savage
Mark Clayton
Roy Williams
Michael Thompson
Jason White
Gerald McCoy
Tommie Harris
Ryan Broyles

"Favorite," so they don't necessarily have to be the best players, right? I did a lot of C&P from prior posts, but there's a few guys in here who stand out just for one game, or maybe even one memorable play:

Adrian Peterson
Josh Heupel
Quentin Griffin
Juaquin Iglesias
Rocky Calmus
Dan Cody
Sam Bradford
Torrance Marshall
Stockar McDougal
DeMarco Murray
Roy Williams
Jacob Gutierrez
Paul Thompson
Jason White
Gerald McCoy
Ryan Broyles

"Favorite," so they don't necessarily have to be the best players, right? I did a lot of C&P from prior posts, but there's a few guys in here who stand out just for one game, or maybe even one memorable play:

Adrian Peterson
Josh Heupel
Quentin Griffin
Juaquin Iglesias
Rocky Calmus
Dan Cody
Sam Bradford
Torrance Marshall
Stockar McDougal
DeMarco Murray
Roy Williams
Jacob Gutierrez
Paul Thompson
Jason White
Gerald McCoy
Ryan Broyles

I like the Stockar McDougal call. Shoutout to the Ninja Formation!

I like the Stockar McDougal call. Shoutout to the Ninja Formation!
After doing some research, I could be thinking of the wrong player. It was Stoops' first year when we were seeing all sorts of unorthodox play-calling. Was it McDougle (corrected my spelling) who came in for the "Fridge" play (against OSU?) to pick up short yardage? Soonerstats shows that he played OL, but I was thinking it was a DL player. On the other hand, it seems like he was dubbed "Stockyard" after that.

After doing some research, I could be thinking of the wrong player. It was Stoops' first year when we were seeing all sorts of unorthodox play-calling. Was it McDougle (corrected my spelling) who came in for the "Fridge" play (against OSU?) to pick up short yardage? Soonerstats shows that he played OL, but I was thinking it was a DL player. On the other hand, it seems like he was dubbed "Stockyard" after that.

It was Stockar. He got a 1st down on that carry. They brought him in later in that drive down by the goal line, & everybody & their dog just knew he’d be getting the ball again, but Heupel kept it & walked in for the score.

Michael Hunnicutt made 83% of his FGs (75 of 90) and scored 450 points which is 2nd most in OU history to only Austin Siebert, who also played for Bob. This kid we have now may become #1 before he’s finished. I damn sure am rooting for him. No disrespect for either Hunnicutt or Siebert. Just a pig for OU TDs and FGs. BOOMER!!

Michael Hunnicutt made 83% of his FGs (75 of 90) and scored 450 points which is 2nd most in OU history to only Austin Siebert, who also played for Bob. This kid we have now may become #1 before he’s finished. I damn sure am rooting for him. No disrespect for either Hunnicutt or Siebert. Just a pig for OU TDs and FGs. BOOMER!!

And he wasn't even the starter until the kid in front of him got arrested.

Leave it to Bama to praise some kickers. Kickers I tell you.
Just playing, Bama. Always enjoy your posts.

I had all 3 sons in the house for a pre-Christmas weekend and got their help:

AD
The Real Roy
Calmus
Cody
Teddy
McCoy
Harris
Perkins
Sam
Jason
Bake