ADVERTISEMENT

QB Arch Manning has a new favorite team

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Being reported that Alabama has replaced Texas as the team leading in Manning's recruitment.
For what it is worth, I am not surprised because I think leaving Dixie is not an option for the grandson of Archie Manning and the nephew of Payton and Eli Manning. Plus, I can't see Saban NOT getting him.

IMO the greatest Manning to play QB in the NFL never sniffed a Super Bowl since he was stuck on a horrible Saints team in the 1970s.
But his kid's did. A testament to the elder Arch. And possibly for the grandson. My post might involve deeper thinking. Imo. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: CTOkie
But his kid's did. A testament to the elder Arch. And possibly for the grandson. My post might involve deeper thinking. Imo. 👍
Good post, Woody.
Archie Manning fathered Payton, Eli and Cooper and I believe all three would have been great players had Cooper (a wide receiver) not been hit with spinal stenosis that ended his football career coming out of high school.
So I can't say Arch Manning won't be great given his bloodline to what I think is football's greatest football family.
I regard him as a great prospect given the teams that are recruiting him now. The coaches at Alabama, Georgis, Texas, Ole Miss, LSU and many other schools might view him the same way.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Alabama should be the template for building a perennial powerhouse, so I keep tabs on Saban's recruiting to see how far OU is from having a top 5 class every year. That Arch Manning may be leaning towards Alabama has me interested.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

ADVERTISEMENT