ADVERTISEMENT

Projected Softball Brackets

I can’t imagine OU being #2 in anything softball related this year. Maybe #2 all time haha! This must be a misprint or straight off the desk of the WA coach.
I don't think it's official. I am pretty sure it is someone's wish list. The NCAA D1 Softball bracket is still blank. College Sports Madness??????

I don't think it's official. I am pretty sure it is someone's wish list. The NCAA D1 Softball bracket is still blank. College Sports Madness??????
Its only a projection. I think OU being 2 could be a great motivator if it was to happen. Remember these are only projections and the real bracket will be released Sunday after all tournaments are final

CBS sports knows about as much about softball as Jim Traber knows about OU anything. Here's the latest RPI in softball. OU is the clear number one, especially after sweeping OSU last weekend. This is dated May 9, yesterday. Interesting that in RPI, Alabama is still listed above Arkansas, who won the SEC regular season title. Arkansas played four series against teams from the SEC East, and missed Bama and Mississippi State from their own division in the West. Maybe Bama and Arky will face each other in the tournament.

The top eight in RPI are

Oklahoma
VaTech
Florida State
Alabama
UCLA
Arkansas
Oklahoma State
UTenn

Here's yesterday's link:

CBS sports knows about as much about softball as Jim Traber knows about OU anything. Here's the latest RPI in softball. OU is the clear number one, especially after sweeping OSU last weekend. This is dated May 9, yesterday. Interesting that in RPI, Alabama is still listed above Arkansas, who won the SEC regular season title. Arkansas played four series against teams from the SEC East, and missed Bama and Mississippi State from their own division in the West. Maybe Bama and Arky will face each other in the tournament.

The top eight in RPI are

Oklahoma
VaTech
Florida State
Alabama
UCLA
Arkansas
Oklahoma State
UTenn

Here's yesterday's link:

Plaino

The SEC doesnt have divisions in softball as I think and I could be wrong only football uses a division format.

Out of all the SEC teams Arkansas is the one that I think would be the biggest challenge for OU. Bama has shown quite a few cracks this year.

What will be interesting is to see how many of those SEC teams reach the WCWS. Remember only 2 of the 12 last year survived Regionals or Super Regionals. I do find it odd that the SEC gets so many regionals as its almost like the committee is setting the SEC up for success.

Baseball it is almost the same.

With everything being equal? I have watched a bunch of SEC softball this season, and I just don't see their teams on par with at least OU and OSU. Yes, OSU lost a couple to FSU, but they were on the road and both were one run loses. Looking at Arkansas's schedule...they have not played Alabama this year.

Plaino

The SEC doesnt have divisions in softball as I think and I could be wrong only football uses a division format.

Out of all the SEC teams Arkansas is the one that I think would be the biggest challenge for OU. Bama has shown quite a few cracks this year.

What will be interesting is to see how many of those SEC teams reach the WCWS. Remember only 2 of the 12 last year survived Regionals or Super Regionals. I do find it odd that the SEC gets so many regionals as its almost like the committee is setting the SEC up for success.

Baseball it is almost the same.
Yeah, I know that. But like back in the day when there were actually 12 teams in the Big XII, they had no divisions in basketball, but they still played home and home against their football north or south team, and only one game against the other division. Makes sense for travel and other considerations. Of course Arkansas is in the West, but closer to East teams in Kentucky and Tennessee than Bama and Auburn. But they play Auburn and not Alabama. Auburn is over two hours farther away from Fayetteville. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yeah, I know that. But like back in the day when there were actually 12 teams in the Big XII, they had no divisions in basketball, but they still played home and home against their football north or south team, and only one game against the other division. Makes sense for travel and other considerations. Of course Arkansas is in the West, but closer to East teams in Kentucky and Tennessee than Bama and Auburn. But they play Auburn and not Alabama. Auburn is over two hours farther away from Fayetteville. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Totally agree on the “makes sense” part. However the scheduling process in football for them makes no sense in that sometimes they dont even play the other teams but once every 6 years.

The SEC had no divisions until 30 years ago, and there were rivalries that grew under old paradigms. When they created the divisions for logistical reasons, when they had the first CCG, some of the old rivals ended up in opposite divisions. For a while, those rivalries go preference in scheduling, and still do to an extent. Alabama almost never played Florida, but they played UTenn almost every year. That has been reflected in out of division scheduling.

There is no such history in softball. Arkansas playing against four East teams, while not playing two fellow West teams, doesn't make a lot of sense. Still. There is some compensation for Vandy not fielding a team. But still ....

Reactions: Soonerborn59
ADVERTISEMENT