ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty sparse crowd so far.

I typed that 30 minutes before the game, but it didn't post til it was almost over. Uneven posting at the stadium. Lots of little interesting things where we were. A Nebraska fan was right behind us. He said he was there because he loves college football. Later he told me how great LSU fans were when he visited Baton Rouge.

Hurt his credibility , even though he was a good guy.

I typed that 30 minutes before the game, but it didn't post til it was almost over. Uneven posting at the stadium. Lots of little interesting things where we were. A Nebraska fan was right behind us. He said he was there because he loves college football. Later he told me how great LSU fans were when he visited Baton Rouge.

Hurt his credibility , even though he was a good guy.

Well their fan base at Bugeater U is not exactly stellar. The new guard is pretty dumb.

Had an older Baylor fan setting across the aisle from me. (My age - I'm 61)
Was very cordial during the first qtr.
When they brought in the #3 QB, who proceeded to throw the first bomb, he decided I should I should know:
He is a true freshman.
He was one of the top recruits in the country.
He had two state titles in HS.
And several more things I could not hear because there was a game going on.
I wanted to tell him that OU was very familiar with top ranked QB who have multiple HS state titles. We had a couple on our sidelines and another coming soon.
When Baylor didn't gain yards on 1st or 2nd down in OT, he and his buddy left.
I saw them leaving and reached out (tapped him on the shoulder) to tell them what a great game his team played against OU and wish him a safe trip home.
He wouldn't even turn around to see who was tapping him.
His buddy did shake my hand.
Baylor and their fan base, in general, are not good losers.
He was all smiles when he thought they were going to come back to win.

EDIT:
Just watched the replay and ABC showed a graphic that Zeno(?) was the #127 recruit.
I guess that is the difference between "highly ranked recruit" at Baylor versus at Oklahoma.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT