ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame armchair QB: texas tech

jwall2

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
Heaven
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify this post, I've done these since week one as a chance to voice what I'll be looking for out of this team. My hopes is that you all will join in this thread to allow all the armchair qbs a chance to share and/or discuss what things you all are looking for or want out of this game from our sooners, hope you all enjoy and have fun with it, thx!

Offense: last week riley took a big step forward, he attacked the edges and got the ball out of the hands of baker early... early passing success setup the run and kept KSU off balance for the majority of the first half. The stars also got touches early and as a result of all those things, we had the best half of football this year. The oline took a big step forward and i expect them to continue their growth this week against a terrible defensive front. The game plan should not change the rest of the year, continue to try to involve andrews more.... would like to see mixon get some opportunities in space in the flats....

Defense: big test this week... if this defense wants to be considered one of the best in the big 12, and maybe the country, they have to start creating more consistent pressure on passing downs and getting hits on the QB.... mixing in blitzes to do this is fine and dandy but to slow down these spreads offenses including baylor's, you must get pressure and hits on the QB with your front line defenders... you could have Ronnie lott deion sanders rod Woodson Darrel Revis etc. In the secondary and if you don't have consistent pass rush those guys will get beat up by a good qb... keep mixing up man to zone coverages...

Special teams: tired of seeing punt safe all the damn time, start trying to set stuff up, make plays, Seibert keep being seibert...

Overall: last week was a blueprint... be who you are .... play with an edge and sense of urgency.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.