ADVERTISEMENT

Pokes Claim 2017 B12 Football Title

Aug 12, 2006
United Poke Press
April 11 2018

Pistols firing!

The Oklahoma State Cowboys are on the rise after claiming another championship. This time it’s the 2017 Big 12 football Championship.

Saturday in Stillwater beginning at 1PM festivities include

* A banquet to celebrate their 2017 B12 football Championship season.

* A square dance

* Cow patty tossing

* Ring ceremony with B12 Championship rings (complete with 1ct Arkansas diamonds for all staff and players)

* Thousands of Championship hats and T Shirts

* Trophy presentation with Boone Pickens.

* Hot dog eating contest -Cheerleaders vs football players

* A focus group will be organized to determine which championships to claim next.

The Big12 will not recognize the Pokes as Champions because they didn’t actually win the B12 title on the field of play finishing runner up to Oklahoma.

This writer called the B12 office asking about the news of oSu’s claim and recorded the B12 marginalizing the title, even terming it “ridiculous.”

That doesn’t phase oSu coach Mike Gundy or AD Mike Holder as Mike explained the Pokes not only had the “worlds greatest offense”, but the refs cheated the Pokes in all their losses rendering win-loss records meaningless.

Athletic Director Mike Holder exclaimed
“This is a really big deal for our program, such a monumental achievement.”

“Alabama has shown the world for decades the blueprint of claiming other teams championships, now we at oSu are off and running, it’s such an exciting time to be a Cowboy.”

Holder added “We know people laugh and make fun of us because we always claim we will be next years champions, so this year we decided to be last years champions!

People who call us little brother won’t think it’s so funny when they see little brothers trophy case filling up.”

Gundy smiled as he added “I’m totally stoked. Everyone knows we’ve already claimed a seventy year old Championship Notre Dame won in 1945. Claiming that title was so easy we figured no need to wait 70 years to claim more titles.”

Then it hit me -why not claim OU’s titles?

“Every oSu fan in the country should be beaming with pride right now, for the first time in history it’s an even playing field we can win as many titles as the Sooners.”

Considering the lop sided Bedlam series (OU 87 oSu 18) it is obvious manufacturing titles at Oklahoma State is a necessity. It appears they have the proper leadership in place to do so.

The players are glowing with orange pride.

Mason Rudolph exclaimed “It’s a dream come true, it’s why you come to oSu, I’m so proud of coach, he’s a man, he’s 50, and he’s never won much of anything until we started the championship claiming, I’m so blessed to be a part of the identity we have created, now future players have the responsibility to live up to it, I’m so proud of this ring and that as a program we are on the rise.”

This is the Pokes first outright B12 football championship, but Gundy hinted he has plans for many more.

Pistols firing!
Go Pokes!

Army was the NC in 1945 not Notre Dame. Figures the Pokes couldn't figure that OU either.

Reactions: iasooner1
Well, were they or not? If OU could of, would they? If they did, how would the majority of Sooner fans feel about it? All schools pull this shit. A lot about nothing, IMO. I don’t care. Big deal, Cowboys!

Well, were they or not? If OU could of, would they? If they did, how would the majority of Sooner fans feel about it? All schools pull this shit. A lot about nothing, IMO. I don’t care. Big deal, Cowboys!
Not around here. There are 10 years in which a poll declared OU the NC that OU does not claim. If it's not AP, Coaches, or BCS, you won't find OU staking a claim to it.

Not around here. There are 10 years in which a poll declared OU the NC that OU does not claim. If it's not AP, Coaches, or BCS, you won't find OU staking a claim to it.

My point is this isn’t out of the ordinary, but you’re right about OU and it’s claim of nattys. I meant to say a lot of schools.

Last edited:
Glass houses and all lol...

Screen-shot-2013-03-09-at-12.42.42-PM.jpg

*Believes in participation trophies*
OU Big 12 Football Championships = 11 (not including the 2012 co-championship)

OSU Big 12 Football Championships = 1

Lincoln Riley = 1 (1 year as head coach)

Mike Gundy = 1 (13 years as head coach)

I graduated from OU and have a very successful career and family.

You "graduated" from OSU and sometimes work as a cook and live at home with your parents at the age of 34.

Who needs participation trophies?

Lol

Carry on

ADVERTISEMENT