ADVERTISEMENT

Philly Eagles have contacted LR

He was supposed to be the next Cowboys Head Coach a few years ago...so just see this as speculation. Philly beat writers are always stirring up the muddy bottom like catfish.

Reactions: iasooner1
This recruiting season, Lincoln talked about the bond he made with he recruits and their families. I don't see him turning his back in them.

I would put the odds at less than 20% he takes it but he would be foolish for not even listening. I do believe he is set in to be OUs coach for the next 5 years or so.

CT you seem to be very judgmental lately when anyone critisizes LR but even with that it doesn’t mean they want him to leave. If LR did leave for a pro job I would hope he continus with the success he has had here. Every coach in America no matter how great he has been is going to get critisized from time to time. Heck Bama fans are not an exception even with Nick.

I would put the odds at less than 20% he takes it but he would be foolish for not even listening. I do believe he is set in to be OUs coach for the next 5 years or so.

CT you seem to be very judgmental lately when anyone critisizes LR but even with that it doesn’t mean they want him to leave. If LR did leave for a pro job I would hope he continus with the success he has had here. Every coach in America no matter how great he has been is going to get critisized from time to time. Heck Bama fans are not an exception even with Nick.
I see SOME criticism of Riley as either unfair or premature. I think Riley has, to some degree, had to resurrect OU's poor defensive football culture, which he is in the process of doing with Grinch's hiring. This past season, after the two defeats, OU really showed progress with its defensive game.
That's my opinion of Riley only. It's simply me disagreeing with people.
My opinion of any Alabama follower that has doubts or criticisms of Saban is neither a true Alabama fan and is not a knowledgeable football fan. Saban's program is the "bully on the block" right now and until Saban leaves, it will remain that way.

I wonder how much having Hurts at Philadelphia had to do with the interest in Riley. I don’t think he will give it much consideration especially with the group he has coming back next year and the new class he’s put together. But you never know.

Reactions: ShamWowed
I wonder how much having Hurts at Philadelphia had to do with the interest in Riley. I don’t think he will give it much consideration especially with the group he has coming back next year and the new class he’s put together. But you never know.
I personally can't see the Eagles' job being more appealing to Riley for a bunch of reasons.

Reactions: Oklabama
I personally can't see the Eagles' job being more appealing to Riley for a bunch of reasons.
I agree. Also, while I think the world of Hurts, I doubt he is the long term answer at QB for anyone. He does not have break-away speed like Lamar and his sheer strength will be matched by many defenders. So, he will really need to improve his passing game.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT