ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins suspension lifted

The last two games have been tough to watch. can't tackle, can't cover a WR without interfering with him. Offensively we can't run the ball because we don't block.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I heard a story somewhere that he was tested multiple times before a positive result was found.
Sounds like it may have been a small enough amount to be second-hand.
Don't know if that is true or not. But, might be the difference in Perkins and the other two.

I heard a story somewhere that he was tested multiple times before a positive result was found.
Sounds like it may have been a small enough amount to be second-hand.
Don't know if that is true or not. But, might be the difference in Perkins and the other two.
I read he had to take another surprise test this week and it may not have gone well

Lincoln is about as forthcoming about this, as Bob was about injuries. He will always be asked, but he's not going to answer truthfully, if that information gives an opponent a little better chance to prepare. We'll find out if Perkins is in uniform on Saturday, and not much earlier. Toby will know by the time the pregame show starts, but he likely won't tell us.

Lincoln is about as forthcoming about this, as Bob was about injuries. He will always be asked, but he's not going to answer truthfully, if that information gives an opponent a little better chance to prepare. We'll find out if Perkins is in uniform on Saturday, and not much earlier. Toby will know by the time the pregame show starts, but he likely won't tell us.
Lincoln is the most secretive coach I’ve seen in any sport

He’s very odd in that regard

I'm pretty sure LR will take the same approach as most P5 programs and not test for pot, ever again.

The only way he will, is if they come in and that's usually only around bowl season. I know Baylor and texASS haven't tested for years. Baylor might have changed when Ruhl took over.

When was the last time anyone heard of a Bama, LSU, Clemson, OSU, texASS or USC. Player getting suspended for pot? I don't even remember KSU players under Snyder. I know Bob tested but gave a few warnings, before any action. Those were internal, not NCAA backed.
The NCAA usually gives a program a few weeks to months, heads up, that they are coming.

I’m confused; were not the suspensions for 5 games and did that not count last season’s bowl game as #1 in the penalty or what ?
6 total, 5 this year. So, 1 more for all, except maybe Perkins if the mysterious “steps to reinstate” him are completed.
From a previous news post:
“That means Bridges, Perkins and Stevenson all had to miss the Peach Bowl against LSU, as well as the first five contests in 2020. OU was hoping for it to be reduced in some capacity.”

Reactions: iasooner1
6 total, 5 this year. So, 1 more for all, except maybe Perkins if the mysterious “steps to reinstate” him are completed.
From a previous news post:
“That means Bridges, Perkins and Stevenson all had to miss the Peach Bowl against LSU, as well as the first five contests in 2020. OU was hoping for it to be reduced in some capacity.”
Lehman think Perkins is done for the year

Must’ve retested positive

Percy and Urbin could fill in the blanks here. Weed's gettin alot of slack these days, especially amongst the "entertainers" as they like to call themselves now. 😁

At this point does it matter if any of them come back? I mean we’re out of contention for pretty much everything except the Weed Eater Bowl. Thanks a lot Perkins et al for putting yourself above the team. On with the next round of players is what I say.

Reactions: JConXtsy
That Jack ain’t coming back...he failed to learn his lesson. Being from North STL County that is no real shocker.
I can only surmise that your comment is related to the fact that the area ( see Ferguson ) is mostly poor and black as if that guarantees substandard behavior. If so, how do you explain Jalen Hurts and Channelview? Your prejudice is painfully obvious.

Reactions: 8085sooner
My brother-in-law is from N. Stl. Co. I went to college in Mo. I spent 40 years in the AB system including many many visits to STL. I realize there has been a transition in the area but that does not automatically make Perkins some pariah. Your comments make a false assumption

ADVERTISEMENT