ADVERTISEMENT

Pay attention to KU

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
They look really good vs BYU. Daniels is going to be a tough challenge for any defense.

Lead BYU 38-27 late. Ole Miss losing to Bama

Reactions: iasooner2000
The Clones can’t beat poor Iowa but they dispatched the Pokes.
OU should have no trouble next week if the LBers can get pressure on iSu qb Becht

UCF just converted a 3rd & 21 easily vs KSU and are driving to possibly tie the score at 31. Never mind, ksu is up by 14 now with about 3 minutes left

Last edited:
I agree about paying attention to KU. I think KU and KSU might have the two best coaches in the conference.

I disagree that we'll have no trouble with Iowa St. Any team that plays good defense is a threat. When they lost two weeks ago against an average Ohio team, they were struck with food poisoning the night before the game. They'll challenge us, because they aways have under Matt Campbell.

I agree about paying attention to KU. I think KU and KSU might have the two best coaches in the conference.

I disagree that we'll have no trouble with Iowa St. Any team that plays good defense is a threat. When they lost two weeks ago against an average Ohio team, they were struck with food poisoning the night before the game. They'll challenge us, because they aways have under Matt Campbell.
Not this year brother.

They'll challenge us, because they aways have under Matt Campbell.

Campbell has lost some of his mojo over the past couple of seasons. He comes into this game having lost 10 of his last 13 games. I'm not too worried about this week.

The way we've been on offense? This is the ultimate trap game.

Ordinally, I'd be inclined to believe this is a trap game. However, I think due to the fact that the offense didn't live up to their expectations last week will have them very focused for this game. Plus, as I mentioned, Iowa State has been on a downward slope since 2021. As much as OU struggled last year, they still went to Ames and won by 14 points.

Ordinally, I'd be inclined to believe this is a trap game. However, I think due to the fact that the offense didn't live up to their expectations last week will have them very focused for this game. Plus, as I mentioned, Iowa State has been on a downward slope since 2021. As much as OU struggled last year, they still went to Ames and won by 14 points.
Plus, playing at home helps OU.

Meh…..IS always seems to play us tough. Close game again…….OU by 13. I’m expecting some poor play calling and unexplainable personnel to plague the offense yet again.

Meh…..IS always seems to play us tough. Close game again…….OU by 13. I’m expecting some poor play calling and unexplainable personnel to plague the offense yet again.
I would take that anyday. There was a time in my life that I was 100% sure OU was going to wipe the floor with teams like this. These days I look at every game as a challenge for OU.

If OU wins 44-10 then I wouldnt like the trend for next weeks game vs Texas. Through 4 games the offense has been hot one week then cold the next.

Reactions: iasooner2000
To take it one step more, the offense looked unstoppable agains Tulsa and Ark St ( not very good teams ) and only mediocre vs SMU and UC which I consider good teams but not above average or great. ISU falls in between the two.

To take it one step more, the offense looked unstoppable agains Tulsa and Ark St ( not very good teams ) and only mediocre vs SMU and UC which I consider good teams but not above average or great. ISU falls in between the two.

As far as defense, Iowa State will have the best defense that OU has seen to date. In fact, they're currently #1 in the Big 12 in total defense. If the OU offense can put up decent numbers against that defense, it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Iowa State's problem is that their offense is horrible, currently last in the Big 12. They might get shut out this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT