ADVERTISEMENT

Patty’s Ladies!!

Patty sure has this group focused through 9 games. Today OU had a few runs in but got a little lax in the middle innings a couple 3 up-3 down and Patty put Jordy Bahl in. She didn't need her as OU was up like 5-0 and Texas State was no real threat but Patty sent a message. She knew Bahl would bring the excitement and from that point on it was a done deal for OU. Patty knows the buttons to push and she may be the best coach at understanding her teams mood that we have had on campus ever. Very impressive. But........its a loooong season and we are just getting started.

Truth be known, with greed taking its toll on my once great love of MLB, I could be content watching OU softball instead. Wish every game was televised.
MLB is on thin ice with me right now. The on-field product is getting to be unwatchable and the greed of the MLBPA and the owners will likely diminish yet another season. The fans of MLB (the real lifeblood of MLB) are of little importance to these money-grabbing jerks....and it's time the fans conducted their own "stoppage" by staying away from attending baseball. Imagine if just 35-40 % of fans boycotted. The fans can control and end this greed fest.

Last edited:
What's frustrating is that the best team in the country isn't on TV. If this was Bama football every game would be televised.
The networks are much more inclined to televise college basketball this late in the season. There were a couple of softball games on this last weekend in regional networks. It seems the choice of which to show was based on two high ranked teams. #4 UCLA vs #5 Florida State was on Sunday and UCLA vs Texas on Saturday. The St.Pete - Clearwater Tourney had some good match ups and got most of the attention.

There were a ton of softball games on ESPN U last weekend. That whole St Pete, Clearwater tourney probably had six to eight games broadcast on ESPN U, and twice or three times as many on ESPN Plus. If I'd have known that SEC Plus is included on ESPN Plus if your settings are right, I'd have watched at least one more game. OU has not been n the tournaments that ESPN is broadcasting so far.

BTW, you can only watch the OU women's gym at Florida this weekend in a 2-3 matchup, the only place you can watch live is SEC Plus. If you have paid for ESPN Plus, you may have to have a settings adjustment to watch OU-Florida live, I believe Friday night.

Reactions: iasooner2000
That was some game yesterday vs Tennessee. Bahl gets pulled then brought back. Jada who isn't the first name you think of when it comes to needing a homer but she did it. Very nice test early in the season to build confidence. Hate to see everyone avoiding Alo, but I guess you can't blame them, poor girl just wants a pitch to hit!!

Ladies are struggling at the plate, one downside to this team is the lack of small ball play. Other than Coleman and Donihoo, no one else really has the ability to play small ball.

• Sad
At 15-0, I think the "groove" is already going on. The close games have been won over teams with winning records. I see no reason for concern even if there is a loss or two down the road. This team is a championship caliber team.
And in softball and baseball, a win is a win, regardless of the quality of an opponent. But as we learned last fall, this does not necessarily apply to football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT