ADVERTISEMENT

OU's roster losses as of today, 01/03/21......

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Offense:
OL, two......Humphrey, Ealy
QB, two....Morris, Mordecai
RB, none so far....pending Stevenson's decision

Defense:
LB, two....Mead (a senior), Terry
DT, one...Stokes
DB, three....Norwood, Brown, Barnes
Kickers....none

Others who could leave:
DB, Yell
RB, Stevenson
OL, Hayes, Robinson
DE, Perkins
DL, Thomas
HB/TE, Hall, Wiilis

And some of this could change by the NCAA's rule of the pandemic with an extra year granted.

My biggest concerns are Stevenson, a backup QB, Perkins and Ealy/Humphrey.

The good news is the number of young talent on this roster and a good freshman class coming in.

Last edited:
Swenson is returning.
So, our right tackle is leaving early and our left tackle is coming back for a double senior year?
Swenson has been the weak link in the O-line. Hopefully, a year of experience and an offseason will help the freshman take over for good.

I would rather get one more year from Swenson than have him exit. He's an average lineman, but he does help the depth chart.
It is my belief that he needs to be just that - depth.
Not much future in the NFL = come back to OU to extend playing career???

Reactions: CTOkie
Perhaps is can be worthy in terms of helping behind the scenes w/ incoming freshmen.

Wait. Nevermind.

Offense:
OL, three......Humphrey, Ealy, Swenson (a senior)

Defense:
DT, one...Stokes
Kickers....none

Others who could leave:
DB, Yell
RB, Stevenson
OL, Hayes, Robinson
DE, Perkins
DL, Thomas
HB/TE, Hall, Wiilis

And some of this could change by the NCAA's rule of the pandemic with an extra year granted.

The good news is the number of young talent on this roster and a good freshman class coming in.

The OL was very up n down, and it was baffling Bedenbaugh did not substitute when the starters struggled. Hope the next in line can fill the voids.

Harrison in for Swenson... would have done it for me.
This happened several times this year. But, it never stuck. I'm no talent evaluator, but I have to assume Harrison, being a freshman, wasn't a better option.
I see where Ealy is entering the draft. Wondered a few times why he wasn't moved to the left side and try Harrison on the right.
Hope an offseason in Norman prepares Harrison to take over.

Hate seeing Stokes leave. I thought he showed some flash in multiple games.

What became of Stacey Wilkins, the 4-star OL from Arkansas and Brey Walker the 4-star OL from Moore ?
These were two highly recruited players. Walker remains on the roster.....is he a dud ?

I think Wilkins is returning. Walker... I'll need to research but I have no clue

What became of Stacey Wilkins, the 4-star OL from Arkansas and Brey Walker the 4-star OL from Moore ?
These were two highly recruited players. Walker remains on the roster.....is he a dud ?

Walker has played a bunch and will push for starting RT

I didn't research it, but read somewhere that he had two TDs against Missouri State. Had his third TD of the year against Florida. If true, that's a lot of games without making much of an impact.

He could not get any big plays back half of season...got a case of the drops. He really backslid. Next year Stogner...Mims...and Haselwood will gobble up passes.

Offense:
OL, two......Humphrey, Ealy

Defense:
DT, one...Stokes
Kickers....none

Others who could leave:
DB, Yell
RB, Stevenson
OL, Hayes, Robinson
DE, Perkins
DL, Thomas
HB/TE, Hall, Wiilis

Stokes hasn’t said he’s leaving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT