ADVERTISEMENT

OU's program seems cursed

James_Castle_Delete_10/7/2015

Sooner commitment
Feb 5, 2003
When you look back a few years, it just seems that bad things are happening that just never seem to stop. I could make a list but that would be too long to write. With the latest SAE making nation wide news and will not stop anytime soon, this program has some big time hurdles to overcome.

We already have the horrible conference holding us back, players suspended that hurt us, drama with the stadium and internal conflict between the admin and athletics. Now with this racism stuff, this may take it to a whole new level and that is a huge concern. If you think recruiting has been tough because of our previous issues with staff, our conference, etc. it is about to get really ugly. If you think the dirty recruiting was bad before, it is going to be brutal now and basically every school can point this out to recruits. These coaches are going to get in to some of these kids heads and convince them that OU is damaged goods in more ways than one. In fact, after reading the article in the Oklahoman, it is going to hurt OU in academics and it that is Boren's baby right there.

We all know OU is not even remotely as racist school in general. This is such an isolated incident that probably happens more than anyone ever realizes down int he deep south SEC country, but we are the BULLSEYE right now and we better overcome this. Boren didn't like the SEC because he felt like they were below OU academically (not true) but with that side about to come tumbling down now, and with the conference holding us back, I would try everything in my power to get in that conference now. It is hard enough to overcome our conference, it will be entirely another overcoming that and this latest racist issue that has swept the nation. I think the boosters and admin need to get that shovel ready the very next day and get this stadium looking like the best in the country and get in ready for some big boy football and try and get rid of this Big 12 and the past few years. I am not sure the program nor the school will ever fully recover from this as is and I would be proactive and begin the process of making a change or else they may die a slow death from all of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.