9/09 vs SMU
9/16 at Tulsa
9/23 at Cincinnati
9/30 Iowa State
10/07 Texas in Dallas
10/14 Bye week
10/21 Central Florida
10/28 at Kansas
11/04 at Oklahoma State (OU's last game in Stillwater)
11/11 West Virginia
11/18 at BYU
11/25 at TCU
***** No Baylor or Kansas State or Texas Tech *****
The last 4 games look challenging, but I think OU should enter the Texas game unbeaten.
And not playing Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor is good news.

I think we're gonna have a handful of true freshman contributing to a better record than one might think. I think after stomping horns ass we're on cruise control. Venables year 2. 😁

I think we're gonna have a handful of true freshman contributing to a better record than one might think. I think after stomping horns ass we're on cruise control. Venables year 2. 😁
Making up 49 points in one season is a lot to ask. Doable but hardly automatic (Gabriel or no Gabriel).

Making up 49 points in one season is a lot to ask. Doable but hardly automatic (Gabriel or no Gabriel).
Welcome to the NIL age. I've had a hard time coming to grips with it but Brent's recruiting is off the charts. Imo.

OU beat Notre Dame in 1956 40-0, then lost 7-0 the following year to end its 47-game winning streak.
Also keep in mind that the loss to Texas last year was by an OU team that was essentially without a quarterback. I knew very quickly that a blowout was looming and that OU would not score more than 7 points, if any.

How we got here, not exactly because of him leaving and what he took but just an all around crappy job as a HC.

2017-0717-Big12MD-LincolnRiley.jpg

My initial thoughts are not much margin for error if by chance we circle the wagons as a national player.

5-0 before Texas should be a thing. They'll get a lot of hype but make nothing of the 49-0 score last year. We never had a chance. Win the LOS and that's a W.

Everybody else is beatable so much that a single loss eliminates us from any meaningful postseason contention. If 12-0 is attained I think we'll want to see Kansas State in the BigXII title game.

9/02 vs Arkansas State
9/09 vs SMU
9/16 at Tulsa
9/23 at Cincinnati
9/30 Iowa State
10/07 Texas in Dallas
10/14 Bye week
10/21 Central Florida
10/28 at Kansas
11/04 at Oklahoma State (OU's last game in Stillwater)
11/11 West Virginia
11/18 at BYU
11/25 at TCU
***** No Baylor or Kansas State or Texas Tech *****
The last 4 games look challenging, but I think OU should enter the Texas game unbeaten.
And not playing Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor is good news.
I believe TCU is a home game.

I have seen 2 BYU games vs. OU. Copper Bowl with Cale Gundy as QB, & Sam Bradford getting hurt against them in Jerry World where we lost. Hope I’m wrong.
Going purely from memory here but I believe OU played the 1994 Copper Bowl against BYU with a WR at QB. Our starting QB, Garrick McGee, was in the hospital with meningitis and his backup was injured. No way we lose that badly if Gundy was playing. Gary Gibbs was a lame duck coach having been fired prior to the game.

Knowing all of that, Lavell Edwards (displaying the sportsmanship/class for which he was renowned) still had his first string QB (John Walsh) in the game throwing deep balls with two minutes to go in the fourth quarter and a 20 plus point lead.

The whole situation still irks me to be honest...(1) that we had sunk to those depths and (2) Edwards being such a jerk.

Going purely from memory here but I believe OU played the 1994 Copper Bowl against BYU with a WR at QB. Our starting QB, Garrick McGee, was in the hospital with meningitis and his backup was injured. No way we lose that badly if Gundy was playing. Gary Gibbs was a lame duck coach having been fired prior to the game.

Knowing all of that, Lavell Edwards (displaying the sportsmanship/class for which he was renowned) still had his first string QB (John Walsh) in the game throwing deep balls with two minutes to go in the fourth quarter and a 20 plus point lead.

The whole situation still irks me to be honest...(1) that we had sunk to those depths and (2) Edwards being such a jerk.
You are correct in that Cale Gundy was not the QB. The QB was Terrance Smith. I didn't watch that game for very long. Seems like the score got away from us in a hurry.

And then there is 2009 when OU lost its Heisman QB Bradford early in the game and a not-ready-for-prime time Landry Jones (6 of 12 for 51 yards) took over and could not generate an offense. OU lost 14--13 as Tress Way's FG failed as time ran out.
A healthy OU owes BYU a butt whipping.

I like the looks of this Schedule. I'm saying 10-2 at worst (I'm not sure about Texass or BYU). The rest of the games should be W's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT