ADVERTISEMENT

Our great softball team new season soon starts Our Srs.have had 2 National Championships

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
one in their freshman seasons. This great class includes Fale Aviu, Caleigh Clifton, Shay Knighten, Sydney Romero, Kylie Lindberg, and Raegan Rogers. We still have our homerun hitter Jocelyn Alo who hit over 30 HRs last season, and Nichole Mendez.
We lost to graduation our two great pitchers both Paiges, Parker and Lowrey but we added the nation's # one player freshman pitcher Brooke Vestal and we have also Mariah Lopez, Parker Conrad and others.

Patti Gasso is a great recruited and fantastic head coach.

I love watching OU softball in person and on TV and I think we will have another great season.
This freshman class now seniors have given the OU nation much joy.

OU SOFTBALL ROSTER
http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=127251&SPSID=779811&DB_OEM_ID=31000

BOOMER SOONER!

Last edited:
Alo hit exactly 30 home runs.

We were very fortunate. Indeed, although Lopez, Mendes, Parker Conrad, and Vestal will be here, the starters will likely be a transfer, Giselle Juarez, a junior who was the ace that pitched Arizona State to the CWS, and Shannon Sailie, a junior transfer from Florida International. With Juarez, we will have that star in the same category as the Paiges.

The holes are really at SS and C. Arnold was a four-year starter, three at SS. Freshman Grace Lyons has it if she can hit D-1 pitching at all. Smooth defender. If not, Caleigh may be moved to SS, or Andrie LeValley, another freshman, will get the opportunity.

Catcher is a bit more open. Sophomore Lynnsie Elam is the best behind the plate. Can she hit well enough to stay in the lineup? Berkeley Faulkner transferred in from OSU as a senior graduate student. May or may not play. There is a rumor floating that All-American junior, Kendyl Lindamann of Minnesota has left the Gophers and will transfer with likely landing places being Oklahoma, Oregon, or Texas. No word yet.

Mendes is the obvious starter in CF. The two corners appear to be a fight between Rogers, Flores, Schultz, and Green. This assumes that Aviu is the DH. We may also see some competition out of Skelly.

There is enough for another run. It would help if Knighten and Romero, two key performers at crunch time, were healthy this year.

Great post Sybarite. Extremely factual. I learned a lot more about our softball team.

I did not know we had quality pitchers who transferred in.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT