ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense couldn't stop (fill in the blank)...

Our Defense couldnt stop.... my crippled 70 year old Mother from having a 3 touchdown game.

Our defense couldn't stop the moaners and groaners from b!tch1ng no matter how well they play.

KU is a midseason mirage. Best just to ignore it.

Nothing wrong with identifying and admitting your weak link BEFORE the season started. Bob could have gone to Lincoln and said "We are going to lean on you as the D has too many new faces and unproven leadership - so pull out all the stops on offense please. "

Instead we open the first quarter of the season with barely feeding Mixon the ball and really we haven't seen the rest of the WR corps fully involved until yesterday. Unfair to put all of the pressure on Lincoln? Maybe, but that's where the firepower is, and it simply wasn't properly utilized against a Cougar High team giving up gobs of points nor a tSOU team that just allowed Northwestern to equal our mark, in Columbus. We are going to beat oSu, UWV and BU because of Lincoln....or not.

I believe OU's defensive problems are largely due to the quick-strike spread offense than provides very little time of possession....forcing OU's defense to be on the field too much.
Great having a deep threat like Westbrook. Every team needs such a weapon. But OU's offense doesn't keep opponents' offenses on the sidelines when 75 yards are covered in 4-5 plays.
No doubt the Sooners might score fewer points with a ball control offense, but so would the opponents.

Are you sure they played well, it's Kansas. I bet they think they did.

3 points and 170 yards... They played well. They didn't play excellent, they gave up 3 more points than my prediction of 240-0...

That being said, 3 points is the lowest output of the season for Kansas. So was the 170 yards. Yes, it is Kansas...

3 points and 170 yards... They played well. They didn't play excellent, they gave up 3 more points than my prediction of 240-0...

That being said, 3 points is the lowest output of the season for Kansas. So was the 170 yards. Yes, it is Kansas...
OK, I guess I believe you, those are some awesome stats.:D

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Speaking of the Cubs and as a baseball fan, it's great for the game that such a beleaguered franchise over the past 108 years....playing in a great baseball town with such loyal fans....finally wins a World Series.
And what a great Series it was, capped off by an extra inning 7th game.
2016 was a great year for baseball...and this comes from a Yankees' fan.

Speaking of the Cubs and as a baseball fan, it's great for the game that such a beleaguered franchise over the past 108 years....playing in a great baseball town with such loyal fans....finally wins a World Series.
And what a great Series it was, capped off by an extra inning 7th game.
2016 was a great year for baseball...and this comes from a Yankees' fan.

If I could see a game in any three stadiums... 1) Yankee Stadium 2) Wrigley Field 3) Fenway Park

Even a bad day of baseball is still a great day in my book...

If I could see a game in any three stadiums... 1) Yankee Stadium 2) Wrigley Field 3) Fenway Park

Even a bad day of baseball is still a great day in my book...

I've been to Wrigley quite a few times. I think it's literally seen it's better days. One has to be very careful where you sit. If you ever go, do know the sightlines 'under' the upper deck are really, really bad. I suggest either field box ($$$$) or the bleacher seats which aren't exactly cheap either. In fact, the bleacher seats will cost you more than most seats in the ball park. The field itself is pretty awesome. I love the old school scoreboard, the Ivy wall, which BTW is called Boston Ivy, go figure. But the bathrooms are very few & very small. The food served up is lame as well. So eat somewhere in Wrigleyville before the game, sit in the bleachers and drink beer. Speaking of, IMO, its the largest beer garden in North America. And that aint a bad thing.

Since you evidently haven't watched any OU games this season, the defense has not played well.

My post goes for either the offense or the defense of any Sooner team of any year. In case you missed it, the reference was to (some) Sooner fans, not Sooner teams.

My post goes for either the offense or the defense of any Sooner team of any year. In case you missed it, the reference was to (some) Sooner fans, not Sooner teams.

I don't care if a b!tch moans, groans, screams, or ............

Reactions: opk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT