ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs. Texas Recruiting Team Rankings

knowledge2000

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2003
So we have the same number of total recruits at 24. Same number of 3 stars (8). Explain how we have 3 more 5 Stars than the Longhorns yet they are ranked ahead of us in the team rankings.... I get it, each 4 star is not equal with different points, but I mean..... And the new "Bru McCoy rule".... This Longhorn slant is getting out of hand!

The Longhorn slant has been around since Darrell Royal, a native Oklahoman and OU All American who put them on the map in 1957.
The preferential treatment that Texas gets annually is not that much an issue with me with OU winning most of the RRR games lately (7-3 record since 2010) and the fact I live in Connecticut, away from the arrogance of Texas fans and that great Longhorn pimp, Mathew McConaughey.
As for recruiting, I'll be concerned when Texas starts winning championships (of any kind).

Reactions: iasooner1
We’ve all seen what Texas recruits do when they arrive in Austin.
Country Club living = get soft.
#overated

I don't really care about the rankings. However, OU has the higher player ranking average, but is behind Texas on total points. There has to be some nuisance that I don't understand. It has to be that somehow OU's four 5* kids gets OU's average player rank higher, but the other players account for fewer player points than does Texas. That would mean that the OU 5* players don't generate significant higher individual player points.

At the end of the day it doesn't make a lot of difference in on the field play. I think we all know that there are heavy Texas influence withing these ranking services that skew the data in the horns favor.

OU's record winning Big XII conference championships is proof positive that over the history of the Big XII OU has had better coaches and better recruiting. Though you don't see that in the history of recruiting services rankings where Texas classes are regularly ranked higher than OU's.

The juco players that OU signed are all way underrated. Stevenson rushed for 1900
yards this season. No way any RB in Cal jucos can do that and be a just a 3*
recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcstorm06
So we have the same number of total recruits at 24. Same number of 3 stars (8). Explain how we have 3 more 5 Stars than the Longhorns yet they are ranked ahead of us in the team rankings.... I get it, each 4 star is not equal with different points, but I mean..... And the new "Bru McCoy rule".... This Longhorn slant is getting out of hand!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

You have ONE more five star than Texas, but Texas has the higher average star rating.

P.S. ou also has more 3 star recruits. Just because you mentioned it.

We have all seen what Shorthorns 5 Stars really amount to...a soaked brick of firecrackers and bottle rockets with no sticks. Go roll around in some bevo dung troller....

We have all seen what Shorthorns 5 Stars really amount to...a soaked brick of firecrackers and bottle rockets with no sticks. Go roll around in some bevo dung troller....

All that because I posted the truth. Is that trolling?

What 5 star recruit under Herman, at Texas, amounted to nothing? You mean a 5 star like Caden Sterns? Defensive freshman of the year, freshman AA, 1st team Big 12. Herman is doing just fine.

Transfers are not suppose to be counted. Bru McCoy is a transfer therefore he should count toward Texas ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT