ADVERTISEMENT

OU / TX week

newnasty

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
Blah. Meh. Both teams coming in on losses. It just doesn't feel like a OU/TX week... but it is. And it's Texas. There's no love loss between these two programs. I have no feeling as to who will win. But I'll say this. I'll be cheering for the good guys. If they do win, I'll keep watching the balance of the season. If they lose, well I'll rake leaves or something this fall but I won't be watching and tuned into OU continue to suck it up. But that's me.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
As long as they’re wearing those Marxist BLM patches and accusing me of being guilty of being the problem just because I’m white, I really don’t give a damn what happens. I do feel bad for the players who worked so hard to get to this level, just to see their efforts hijacked by radical activists.

As long as they’re wearing those Marxist BLM patches and accusing me of being guilty of being the problem just because I’m white, I really don’t give a damn what happens. I do feel bad for the players who worked so hard to get to this level, just to see their efforts hijacked by radical activists.
True. The race baiters and BLM commies have killed the goose that laid the golden egg. Most people who constantly are still watching sporting events have a sports addiction, have no life, or are a part of the BLM hate movement against white people.

I’ll turn 74 next week so I’m watching every Sooner game played that time gives me no matter what. I feel fortunate to watch whenever, who ever, and where the Sooners play.
One way for OU to be fixed is to recruit well.
This game, diminished as it may be, could rejuvenate OU in that regard.

When Riley was hired someone from this board said this... "OU will be Texas Tech & soon playing basketball on a football field." It's come to fruition. The difference this year from the past few years? This year we can't outscore them. Or we haven't yet.

Last edited:
Gonna sit this and the rest of the season out. I am gonna do my own boycott and not be preached to by a bunch of wet behind the ears players and Coaches that make millions off of these guys. What are these millionaires doing to make a difference? What about these oppressed players that are getting a free education? I don't have either one, millions of dollars or a free education. Eff em.

Gonna sit this and the rest of the season out. I am gonna do my own boycott and not be preached to by a bunch of wet behind the ears players and Coaches that make millions off of these guys. What are these millionaires doing to make a difference? What about these oppressed players that are getting a free education? I don't have either one, millions of dollars or a free education. Eff em.
Can't blame you, 67.
It's been a year to forget both in sports and politics.
Saturday may be just another turd in the punch bowl....and then there's November 3rd.

espn had the 1984 RRR on a couple days ago. It was so nice watching a defensive battle for a change. Bosworth, Reed, Dixon....those were the good old days.
That was a hell of a game for 59 minutes and 50 seconds.
My wife told me she was watching it.
I told her she was going to be pissed on the next to last play (before the FG).
That one still grates on me.

I plan on watching the game just like I have the last 2 weeks, I’ll be at home watching the game WITH my mask on just as instructed by Dr. Fauci, and then around the beginning of the 4th quarter I’ll move my mask up over my eyes so I don’t have to see another meltdown and take my chances with getting the virus by wearing my mask wrong. So, I am a firm believer in masks being useful

I plan on watching the game just like I have the last 2 weeks, I’ll be at home watching the game WITH my mask on just as instructed by Dr. Fauci, and then around the beginning of the 4th quarter I’ll move my mask up over my eyes so I don’t have to see another meltdown and take my chances with getting the virus by wearing my mask wrong. So, I am a firm believer in masks being useful

Dude. You're going to create a second pandemic by evolving a coronavirus of the eyes. It will blind 3% of those that contract it. We'll have to shutdown the world again.

EDIT: By no means did I mean to imply that I would only cover my eyes at the beginning of the 4th Q. If the tomfoolery begins earlier, the mask is going up and the rest of the world will jut have deal with droplets spewing as I curse our team in defeat.

That was a hell of a game for 59 minutes and 50 seconds.
My wife told me she was watching it.
I told her she was going to be pissed on the next to last play (before the FG).
That one still grates on me.
have been lucky enough to sit in the stands through many a great OU football game, from the game of the century in 71 to the miracle in stillwater by lashar in 83, the end around run by jackson in 85 and the stunning last minute comeback against alabama in 02. i was too young to appreciate the gravity of the epic 71 contest but by 1984 i was a fully involved college senior at his last in-school cotton bowl game. we all woke to a wet, windy-cold day in dallas in anticipation of what promised to be a tense defensive struggle, where the outcome would surely be decided by turn-overs and field position. so when texas tried 4 times from the one yard line and found fruitless ground against bosworth, reed and casillas we had shown the nation who were the true men on that field...back and forth the 2 sides clashed until late in the game we clung to a slim 15-12 lead. it was then the tides of fortune seemed to shift to the burnt orange. as texas inched their way goalward in the closing minutes, the ball was clearly punched loose and tumbled to the ground with the red and white on top of it. knee down the refs said. ball back to the horns. qb dodge now had precious seconds left so he arched a dying quail that fluttered into the grateful arms of OU stand-out keith stansberry who cradled the last second end zone interception but slid just far enough to allow the ref to rule him out of bounds (a big 8 ref to boot) and then the coup-de-gras..the long field goal just as the wind slacked to only a minor gale that tied the game on the last play...i have never felt more betrayed by the football gods then i did on that day. and yes the game still grates on me too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT