ADVERTISEMENT

OU takes down Baylor

One Hell of an effort! Typical trait of Porter led teams. I think this win gets them in, but yes one more win and it’s guaranteed! Also, no posts from the ones that have been hating on the program, you know who you are! Lol

One Hell of an effort! Typical trait of Porter led teams. I think this win gets them in, but yes one more win and it’s guaranteed! Also, no posts from the ones that have been hating on the program, you know who you are! Lol
That would be me. I cannot stand grade school mistakes from a D1 team. Basic fundamentals are important, But OU redeemed themselves tonight.

Porter Moser is a quality coach and has inherited a team that wasn't regarded much in the preseason. But he seems to have the program going in the right direction.
OU's basketball programs, both men's and women's, are both teams in transition with new coaches. Both teams should be very good in the future.
I don't believe that having concerns about Moser's team (or any OU team), is about "hating" the program(s).
We went through this last fall with Riley's very flawed team when there were some of us who could see the 2021 football team as the "paper tiger" it really was despite the ten wins. And it had nothing to do with "hating".

Last edited:
Good win for the team, and it's positive statement about our new coach. If we're playing better coming down the stretch, Moser deserves a little credit for that, and OU looked pretty well-prepared, and well-coached last night at least.

The truth is that OU has beat a bucketful of good teams this year. Last night was not a fluke, and if we just don't turn the ball over, we could upset a 3 or 4 seed at the big dance.

Good win for the team, and it's positive statement about our new coach. If we're playing better coming down the stretch, Moser deserves a little credit for that, and OU looked pretty well-prepared, and well-coached last night at least.

The truth is that OU has beat a bucketful of good teams this year. Last night was not a fluke, and if we just don't turn the ball over, we could upset a 3 or 4 seed at the big dance.
Good post, CW.
Overall, I haven't been this excited about OU athletics in a long time.
I credit Joe Castigione for much of the success and especially his great response to Riley's exit.

Against TT, had the last shot, and a two pointer would have won it. Can't ask for a lot more than that against a really big, strong, talented Red Raider squad. Another strong game from the Sooners.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Against TT, had the last shot, and a two pointer would have won it. Can't ask for a lot more than that against a really big, strong, talented Red Raider squad. Another strong game from the Sooners.
Well I believe calling for any shot at the basket would have been desirable. The smallest guy on the team dribbled into three taller guys, fell down and was called for walking. OU had an opportunity and did not get an attempted shot off. Heartbreaking.

ADVERTISEMENT