ADVERTISEMENT

OU/NOVA on FS1

OU up 32-26 at half after Villanova had come back and tied it (OU led by as much as 12). Nice 6-0 run by our guys to finish the half.

Spangler is dropping nasty threes. The announcer guy says 'dropping bombs', but then he remembers it is Pearl Harbor and he apologizes.

Today the Anniversary of this attack and also this game have special meaning for me. My Grandfather staff Sgt. Stephen S. Sadowski was stationed at Pearl Harbor with the 42nd Rainbow division. When the attack came they were at Schofield barracks. He and his buddies ran out and was running across the airfields as Japanese Zeros were strafing the runways. He took two slugs from one of the planes in the back one on each side of his spine and narrowly missing his heart. He was awarded the purple heart among many other medals during his service in Germany and other places. He was a big part of my life, a strong man with equally as strong Christian belief. He met my Grandmother a Army nurse and they retired to Muskogee Ok. I was always proud of his license plate on his car which was the special Pearl Harbor Survivor edition. He would do anything for anyone and taught me many things about right and wrong and how to avoid hate in my life. RIP Papa thank you for what you did for our country and thank you for your influence on me!

slh3z5.jpg

Strong showing from the Sooners against a Top 10 team! Lon's has returned OU back to basketball prominence! Boomer Sooner!

Today the Anniversary of this attack and also this game have special meaning for me. My Grandfather staff Sgt. Stephen S. Sadowski was stationed at Pearl Harbor with the 42nd Rainbow division. When the attack came they were at Schofield barracks. He and his buddies ran out and was running across the airfields as Japanese Zeros were strafing the runways. He took two slugs from one of the planes in the back one on each side of his spine and narrowly missing his heart. He was awarded the purple heart among many other medals during his service in Germany and other places. He was a big part of my life, a strong man with equally as strong Christian belief. He met my Grandmother a Army nurse and they retired to Muskogee Ok. I was always proud of his license plate on his car which was the special Pearl Harbor Survivor edition. He would do anything for anyone and taught me many things about right and wrong and how to avoid hate in my life. RIP Papa thank you for what you did for our country and thank you for your influence on me!

slh3z5.jpg
Thanks for sharing that story. So much is on my mind today, thoughts about God, past love one's, just a day to reflect how good we have it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT