ADVERTISEMENT

OU MBB

Same starting 5 and pretty much all the others. Like you I am not sure I can watch any more this year. It is pretty ugly basketball.
Our offense looks so dysfunctional most of the game..and the defense isn't much better...too many opponent lay-ups and dunks

Our offense looks so dysfunctional most of the game..and the defense isn't much better...too many opponent lay-ups and dunks
What I did watch I was amazed at the elementary parts of the game that OU lacked. Looked like a junior high team. In high school (a long dame time ago) our coach ran us hard because our center (the tallest guy) was 6'0". He also drilled us on where most turnovers happen. NO BOUNCE PASSES - EVER. We started dribbling drills weeks before we started shooting drills. OU kicks the ball out of bounds more than Grover Cleveland Elementary!

We have subpar shooters who rarely have an on night and even rarer on the same night. Tanner Groves has regressed as a post scorer and his severely lacking athletically. Sherfield had mostly struggled once conference play began. Uzan will be a player but he hasn't got much to work with. Noland hasn't really gotten better in his time as a Sooner. Bijan is uncontrolled chaos and a turnover machine. Every time he subs in my blood pressure rises. Jacob Groves is not a Division 1 player.

Can't really get to frustrated with Porter other than late game execution. Hopefully he can keep building but he'll need more to work with.

This team is painful to watch so I hate to do it but I'll be tuning out for the remainder of the season and if by some miracle they make a tournament I'll watch the one and done attempt then let softball wash away my misery.

In case anyone cares - wish I didnt but I kind of do - the Sooners trail 56-30 at the half vs WV. More shitty basketball being displayed.

In case anyone cares - wish I didnt but I kind of do - the Sooners trail 56-30 at the half vs WV. More shitty basketball being displayed.

Not watching. Checked the score.

Seems like they've quit on the season. Likely will end up at the very bottom of the conference.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
I feel bad for Moser, he really is a good coach. He has to know that of all the sports teams on campus men's basketball is the worst.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
I feel bad for Moser, he really is a good coach. He has to know that of all the sports teams on campus men's basketball is the worst.
If these players are drawing NIL money they should refund it all to whoever is paying them. Talk about wasted money.

These guys suck, not an athletic player out there. Been playing for 13 mins and they have 13 points.

Any team that gets swept 3 games in a season by their rival ought to quit their respective sport. Not to mention, the 3 games were not even close!
🧹 🧹 🧹

What a disgrace to the OU brand!

I'd not ever be too critical of OU Hoops. The whole fan support, or lack of it make it tough to recruit. Right now, players seem to want out.

The whole paradigm has to change. A big factor is going to be whether OUr coach stays? And if he does, can he get quality player and get them to stay?

I'd not ever be too critical of OU Hoops. The whole fan support, or lack of it make it tough to recruit. Right now, players seem to want out.

The whole paradigm has to change. A big factor is going to be whether OUr coach stays? And if he does, can he get quality player and get them to stay?
I believe Moser is a good coach, he just needs to recruit better players. I know thats easier said than done. The guys we got from the portal were in the portal for a reason. He has a couple of good freshmen that he recruited, but can he keep them in Norman? If he can keep the freshman, and land an athletic big man then next year could be a better year. The big 12 is a dominant basketball conference, if Moser can last till we get to the SEC he will find success there.

I believe Moser is a good coach, he just needs to recruit better players. I know thats easier said than done. The guys we got from the portal were in the portal for a reason. He has a couple of good freshmen that he recruited, but can he keep them in Norman? If he can keep the freshman, and land an athletic big man then next year could be a better year. The big 12 is a dominant basketball conference, if Moser can last till we get to the SEC he will find success there.
Really?

When is the last time until this 2022-2023 season that football finished with a losing record, and the men’s basketball team missed out on post-season play? Seems like the direct antithesis of the 1987-1988 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT