ADVERTISEMENT

OU @ IA St

Rush2112Sooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2017
Is anyone going to the game? If so, assume most will be there Friday night at the latest. Where is everyone staying (Ames vs. Des Moines)? Tailgate parties?

I'm hoping to be there with some other folks.

iasooner, this seems right up your alley :)

Reactions: iasooner1
Is anyone going to the game? If so, assume most will be there Friday night at the latest. Where is everyone staying (Ames vs. Des Moines)? Tailgate parties?

I'm hoping to be there with some other folks.

iasooner, this seems right up your alley :)

I had thoughts of going to Ames...still on fence. My sister lives in West Des Moines so got lodging squared away. I will let you know if I decide to go.

Yeah I should be there this year; it will be a Hot ticket unless they pay the consequences of the cancelled game and lose twice between now & then. They have a decent Q house that's really large called Hickory Park in Ames. They tailgate all around the stadium & in the cheap (dirt) parking areas. I'll see what I can dig up in the next few weeks and report. West DM is a good area to stay; quality rooms and great eats (Machine Shed is a must) on Hwy 35. Then it's about 40 miles North on 35, easy drive. Figure 5 hours from mid KC and then another 45 minutes North of WDM/Urbandale.

Last edited:
Yeah I should be there this year; it will be a Hot ticket unless they pay the consequences of the cancelled game and lose twice between now & then. They have a decent Q house that's really large called Hickory Park in Ames. They tailgate all around the stadium & in the cheap (dirt) parking areas. I'll see what I can dig up in the next few weeks and report. West DM is a good area to stay; quality rooms and great eats (Machine Shed is a must) on Hwy 35. Then it's about 40 miles North on 35, easy drive. Figure 5 hours from mid KC and then another 45 minutes North of WDM/Urbandale.

Let me know the pulse for tickets buddy. If they are reasonable, I will be heading north Friday night. I got to see them more than once this year.

Will know more after Saturday. We have a delusional nephew-in-law who is a hawkeye head but teaches @ ISU (go figure). He's always a pumper until the games are played & is the one who's saying "a tough & pricey get". I hope they smoke Iowa but if they are undefeated when we play them, I'll probably stay home as the pumper may be right for once. OU needs to take care of their own business before worrying about payback.

I just looked and it's another crappy 11:00am start. Also, just happening in Week 3 so they only play the intra-state Cy-Hawk game & then OU. Will know about pricing after Saturday for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: kcstorm06
I feel anyone worrying about Iowa State this year (undefeated or not) are crazy. I won't say we're going undefeated and winning #8 this year, but I do believe LR has the drive and talent to always execute a perfect payback with a little mustard on top.

We'll beat Iowa State by 15+ this year, guaranteed. 90% chance it's 20+.

As of now, buying from TicketMaster seems to be the best at $40.
All the re-sale sites like StubHub and VividSeats start at $50-$55 for the cheap ones.

We bit the bullet and bought $75 ($81 after fees) tix on ticketmaster, which puts us in the upper bowl around the 50 yard line. We found a friend in Des Moines to let us stay at their place Friday night so we went for the better seats.

Meanwhile in the inept yet riveting CyHawk Bowl, Iowa vs. Iowa State are playing to a 3-3 tie at the half. We will blow out State.

Hard to tell. Pathetic offenses (and both are) often give the illusion of stellar defenses. State is a one trick pony (Montgomery) and the Hawkeye QB (Stanley) couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 6-3 Hawkeyes going into the 4th. Hawkeyes scored the games only TD with 4 minutes to go in the game. When the defense consistently knows what is coming, you can nearly always defend it.

Cap'n Kirk is an ok guy, 11-9 against the poor clones and winner of the last four cy-hawk games. What a splendid example for the Sooners to hopefully learn from going into next week. Contain Montgomery and their QB all day long and OU rolls 'em

Last edited:
No apparent movement on tickets yet but Stubhub has for $47 and up; it looks like plenty will be available. Maybe I'll meet some of you in Lames. I'll be the old guy with the cane

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT