ADVERTISEMENT

OU Football VHS Tapes

Oct 4, 2004
I have about 30 VHS tapes of OU football. There are both the 2000 and 1985 championship games; the famous 77-0 beatdown of texas a&m in 2003; 1987, 84, 86 OU - Nebraska; 2000 OU - texas a&m; 1996 OU vs texas;1984 OU - osu; some of the Big 12 Championship games and lots more.

Free to a good home.

If you don't find somebody else who would love to have them, I'll make sure they have a good home. I even have a newish VHS player that a former gf bought me two years ago. I have a lot of old OU stuff, including game day programs from 1969 and the early 70's, Included is the GOTC in 1971. When we had the 50 year reunion that included Two dozen Nebraska players in three years ago, I added Rich Glover's autograph to the 20 Sooners I already had.

I think it would be better for you to find someone younger than me, so your keepsakes will last longer. My kids, who've lived in Texas their whole lives, are not the Sooner fans that I am. They'd just throw my stuff away.

Last edited:
If you don't find somebody else who would love to have them, I'll make sure they have a good home. I even have a newish VHS player that a former gf bought me two years ago. I have a lot of old OU stuff, including game day programs from 1969 and the early 70's, Included is the GOTC in 1971. When we had the 50 year reunion that included Two dozen Nebraska players in three years ago, I added Rich Glover's autograph to the 20 Sooners I already had.

I think it would be better for you to find someone younger than me, so your keepsakes will last longer. My kids, who've lived in Texas their whole lives, are not the Sooner fans that I am. They'd just throw my stuff away.
Ok, i'll see if anyone else is interested. Sometimes kids don't absorb important life lessons, such as being a Sooner fan! lol

My kids are all really good kids. The two oldest got their degrees at A&M, though the process took longer than normal. My youngest, who is really young for a nearly 73 year-old father. got his MBA at Tech a year ago. My youngest was born when I was 47. And yes, I do know what causes that.

I'll take them if you are still looking for someone to take them off your hands? I've been a big Sooner fan all my life, I was about 6 years old when I shook Buds hand back in 1956. So let me know if your still interested in letting them go?

Reactions: iasooner2000
YouTube has many great games.
1971 Texas and 1973 Texas are two of my favorites.
DVDs and tapes for me are no longer necessary.

YouTube has many great games.
1971 Texas and 1973 Texas are two of my favorites.
DVDs and tapes for me are no longer necessary.
The only thing of the 71 Texas game I've seen, were highlights on YouTube, not the whole game. And not all of the highlights. If you can show me where to find the whole game, I'd be grateful. I got a game ball from that game, for curious circustances.

• Wow
I have about 30 VHS tapes of OU football. There are both the 2000 and 1985 championship games; the famous 77-0 beatdown of texas a&m in 2003; 1987, 84, 86 OU - Nebraska; 2000 OU - texas a&m; 1996 OU vs texas;1984 OU - osu; some of the Big 12 Championship games and lots more.

Free to a good home.
Great games! Hard to pick a favorite foreshore.

The only thing of the 71 Texas game I've seen, were highlights on YouTube, not the whole game. And not all of the highlights. If you can show me where to find the whole game, I'd be grateful. I got a game ball from that game, for curious circustances.
I can watch the entire OU-Texas game of 1971 anytime. It’s on my YouTube cable TV.
Also the 1973, 1969, 1952 Texas games and many other games from 1950.

Ah, I don't have YouTube TV. That might convince me to get it, if they have lots of old OU replays. I fell in love with OU football watch's Bud's coaches show on Sunday afternoons in the early 60's. And then right after that 30 minute show, Channel 2 in Tulsa showed a one hour replay if every play of the previous day's game. I still remember the first OU game I saw on tv. It was the 19-6 loss to ND in the 1961 opener. It seemed like we quickkicked about five times. My memory might not be too accurate about that, but it was a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT