ADVERTISEMENT

OU Bball rollercoaster!

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Last week, the OU Sooners men's basketball team stinks the place up against little brother OSU in The Stool. Last night, in OKC, OU puts together one of its' best performances (at least defensively) and smothers 22nd ranked Texas Tech. What gives with this team???

Anyway, still riding the fence on how long Lon Kruger should remain as OU's head coach, but hoping this OU team can get it done. Big road challenge going to Morgantown this weekend, the horns the following Tuesday and close out against TCU in Ft. Worth. Tough road ahead for the Sooners. Finish strong, play well in the B12 Tourney and hopefully get a decent seed in the Big Dance. Read an article today that said OU is still on the bubble for the NCAA Tourney. :mad:

Reactions: iasooner1
The league is pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Including the CCT, they need to win at least two more games to make the NCAA's.

OSU has gotten a lot better since the first Bedlam game in Norman. They're really not that much different than OU. They just had some bad breaks at the start of the season, and it snowballed. They're not going anywhere in the post season, but OU won't last long there either, unless they end up in the NIT.

I think the Sooners were picked 8th or 9th in the preseason, so in light of that, it hasn't been a horrible year. They beat a good Mississippi State team in the SEC Challenge. Tech's not that great, but they were in the NC game a year ago. Last night was a good win. But we don't have the strength inside to be consistent.

Another better than average season, but except for Buddy's last year, about the same as usual. Once a decade we make some noise. This isn't the year.

By beating WV in Morgantown, and sweeping the season series from them in the process, begs the question of "have we punched our ticket to the dance" in spite of the ugly loss in Stillwater?

Great question. Still have big games coming up with texas in Norman and a fired up TCU squad in Ft. Worth, who just beat #1 Baylor, so still lots of work ahead of OU. Win one or both of the next two and win a couple games in the B12 Tourney and I think OU gets in with a 11 seed.

Reactions: iasooner1
Great question. Still have big games coming up with texas in Norman and a fired up TCU squad in Ft. Worth, who just beat #1 Baylor, so still lots of work ahead of OU. Win one or both of the next two and win a couple games in the B12 Tourney and I think OU gets in with a 11 seed.

Big XII is a tough conference. One more win, especially if it's against Texas, and we'll get the nod.

I suspect tonight is the difference maker. Win at home, and you're likely headed to the NCAA's. Lose to Texas at home, and you likely need three more wins to get there. Once later this week and twice in the XII tournament.

Any updates on the game ? I don't see it on my cable package

We lost by one on a banked three point shot with half a second left. We missed two of our last FT attempts to leave the door open for the Longhorn serendipity.

It was on ESPN 2. OU's best two FT shooters were horrible in the last four minutes. Especially in the last 30 seconds, Manek made one of two. His second 1-2 in the end. And the only senior missed two with a chance to put it away with six seconds left. And Texas banks in a three with .4 left to win by one. The bank was not intended.

Stuff happens, when you don't make your foul shots.

This team isn't going to win any in the tournament if they go. They got a lot of breaks from official. Texas shot two free throws the whole game. The Sooners played dumb. Reeves' incredibly dumb intentional foul after turning the ball over, was the turning point of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT