ADVERTISEMENT

OU BB

Reaves has cost OU the last two games. He drives into traffic and loses the ball. I know he is supposed to be the team savior but he is a ball hog. Piss poor performance today.

I think it goes on everyone including Lon. This team has the talent to play with anyone outside of a few teams but the biggest issue is they can’t hold leads and seem incapable of blowing the opposition out in conference.

This team is really tough to watch and I wish the so called experts would quit talking about the team being a possible final 4 threat. I don’t see it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We must be going for all our success in the XII tournament and the lower seed the better for the dance. At least we didn’t allow their superstar to kill us last night. Manek played well but Reaves needs to be an off guard

It’s basketball at OKLAHOMA. What do you expect? We have the occasional great coach and great team but it’s way too far apart. We are a football, softball and gymnastics school. Nothing wrong with that. When we win in the other sports, celebrate it. When we lose, accept it. It’s not the end of the world.

Edit: Sorry, I shouldn’t be so rude. But damn.

Last edited:
It’s basketball at OKLAHOMA. What do you expect? We have the occasional great coach and great team but it’s way too far apart. We are a football, softball and gymnastics school. Nothing wrong with that. When we win in the other sports, celebrate it. When we lose, accept it. It’s not the end of the world.

Edit: Sorry, I shouldn’t be so rude. But damn.
One of the best posts I have ever read. Amen !

With the Big 12 Tourney looming next week in which all 10 teams start out on equal footing, is losing a regular season game that critical....even to a "hated" rival ?
Tournament play, conference or national, are "Cinderella" in nature. The best team doesn't always win and there are plenty of upsets along the way. Having a great season can go up in smoke at the hands of an opponent much less worthy on a given night. I've seen enough of this watching OU over the years.
I prefer to have every OU team (outside of football) win, but my interest or concern is minimal.

Reactions: Oklabama
I do not mind losing to a better team. When OU falls over themselves in grade school fundamental mistakes it ruffles my feathers a bit. So you are saying that if we win in softball Kruger gets a pass for pissing down both legs against OSU? Sorry but I don't agree. We should field the best team we can in every sport. Individually, our BB team is far better than the effort put forward against lesser teams.

BTW: you forgot men's golf...we are #1.

With the Big 12 Tourney looming next week in which all 10 teams start out on equal footing, is losing a regular season game that critical....even to a "hated" rival ?
Tournament play, conference or national, are "Cinderella" in nature. The best team doesn't always win and there are plenty of upsets along the way. Having a great season can go up in smoke at the hands of an opponent much less worthy on a given night. I've seen enough of this watching OU over the years.
I prefer to have every OU team (outside of football) win, but my interest or concern is minimal.
Not everyone feels this way. If this is the case then why go to the NCAA tournament? We are not favored to win so let's just forfeit? I realize we are not likely to win a national championship but Kruger has a responsibility to get the best from hi players and he is simply not doing that right now.

I do not mind losing to a better team. When OU falls over themselves in grade school fundamental mistakes it ruffles my feathers a bit. So you are saying that if we win in softball Kruger gets a pass for pissing down both legs against OSU? Sorry but I don't agree. We should field the best team we can in every sport. Individually, our BB team is far better than the effort put forward against lesser teams.

BTW: you forgot men's golf...we are #1.
I'm with you brother, the wind in your post parted my hair. Literally.

Lon better get back to starting the players that contributed to the win streak and that did not include the guy with the ladies head band. Otherwise it will be a quick out in the Big XII tourney and in March madness.

Last edited:
I could be completely off base, but this seems like a trend for our B-ball teams over the last few years. Play really well at the beginning, or middle of the season, but then tail off badly in mid-March.

Without looking at his contract I’m inclined to think Lon will be retiring soon. I hope he can get one last run together from this team

Reactions: Oklabama
Without looking at his contract I’m inclined to think Lon will be retiring soon. I hope he can get one last run together from this team

Lon is getting long in the tooth, #250 percentage wise in winningest head coaches, has only won one conference championship in his career (Illinois), and won about 60% of his games at OU. I think you’re right. He may hang in for one maybe two more seasons.

Last edited:
I missed the first half and the boys cut the lead to 3 a few times and at the 2 minute mark couldn’t buy another point pretty much the rest of the game.
Any more than one win in the big dance will be a bonus

Last edited:
Seems like the last 5 years the Sooners play well in January and I get excited again for Sooner hoops. Then February and March hit and we fall apart.

ADVERTISEMENT