ADVERTISEMENT

OU Baylor observations

cimarron 56

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Baja Oklahoma...near Houston
This game surprised me. Oklahoma did some things that I wanted to see but did not expect to see. We took some calculated risks and even a couple of penalties to let Baylor know that we were the aggressor.

On both sides of the LOS, we won the majority of plays. Baylor had a few wins (most notably the 3 and out on the first series of the game. However, we sucked it up and took control in our second drive and never looked back.

The O-line played their best game of the season. They were solid in pass pro most of the game, and they made some great running lanes for Perine and Mayfield.

Joe Mixon is not far from being a great one. He is still thinking and consciously making decisions. He is still getting all down. His blocking gets better each game.

Sterling is an amazing guy. He has such a soft look to him, but he's tougher than nails. He got nicked up real good last night. I thought he might go out with a wrist injury, but he cam right back in and made big plays. He was a huge difference maker last night. I expect him the be #3 in the Hot 11.

Our D is playing at a whole 'nother level from last year. Our back field is fierce both in Pass D and in run support. Sanchez is even better than I gave him credit for. Ahmad Thomas got some redemption with that oskie to end the game.

Baker Mayfield took Oakman out of the game by laughing at him! Then saying thanks! After that play Oakman just disappeared.

Samaje on ran for 155?

Was it great going to victory formation with 1:30 on the clock and Baylor still having a time out. Briles walked at 0:45....NNNIIIICCCCEEE!!!!

Our team is playing with a level of confidence that I have not seen in years. It's more than swagger. Since the Texas game, they have played with passion. They are playing hungry, and I don't think we'll see a let down any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.