ADVERTISEMENT

OU-Army on 9/26 has a chance of being played...

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
but without any fans in Michie Stadium, per NY Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Personally, I think there are potential road blocks to deal with, so I'll believe it when I see it.
This was a game I looked forward to since it was scheduled, but like other big plans I had this year, China had other ideas.

I don’t see how athletes (college or pro) will be safe playing such a physical, contact sport like football this season. Shouldn’t they wear facial mask? Too difficult to breathe. Maybe helmet shields, but are they safe enough? Personal contact with potential covid19 carriers unaware of having the virus. How about social distancing on the locker room? How is that possible. I just don’t see it happening. I think it’s ridiculous to consider playing a game without fans because of the inability to social distance, yet allow our student athletes to grab, tackle, block and heavy breathe on each other in piles for 3 hours. All of that is the opposite message that we are hearing from health experts. Now even from our POTUS.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
The key is not to let any covid carriers on the field or in the stadium. That is gonna be one very large task though.

Reactions: Oklabama
At 71, I am more than willing to bite the bullet of having no baseball or football this year IF it means there will be vaccines in 2021 and people acting rationally to do what it takes to control or eliminate this virus. Seems to me that what the world does now will be felt forever after. I'm not gushing with optimism at this time.

At 71, I am more than willing to bite the bullet of having no baseball or football this year IF it means there will be vaccines in 2021 and people acting rationally to do what it takes to control or eliminate this virus. Seems to me that what the world does now will be felt forever after. I'm not gushing with optimism at this time.[/QUOTE

That is way I feel also. Plus what happens if your QB and best OL or DL test positive just before a game? Not a fan in the world is going to like losing a key game due to the virus.

The virus is real, but i still think the "crisis" is a hoax drummed up to give leftists a political advantage. That being said, I wouldn't miss CFB or any professional sports, and canceling the seasons removes various scapegoats for them when looking for excuses to drag this thing out.

but without any fans in Michie Stadium, per NY Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Personally, I think there are potential road blocks to deal with, so I'll believe it when I see it.
This was a game I looked forward to since it was scheduled, but like other big plans I had this year, China had other ideas.

My personal opinion of China is very low. I was diagnosed with a fatal ailment (if not cured) and in the process of determining the proper treatment when the hospital stopped for Wuhan. I am back in treatment, but if the delay of over 4 months is going to make me unhappy if the big C shows up in my bones or blood. CCP and the WHO collaborated to hide the danger of this virus from the world for months. Taiwan notified the WHO in mid-December that the virus was at large and spreading fast.

I'm thinking very large class-action lawsuit against those two entities. We will see.

My personal opinion of China is very low. I was diagnosed with a fatal ailment (if not cured) and in the process of determining the proper treatment when the hospital stopped for Wuhan. I am back in treatment, but if the delay of over 4 months is going to make me unhappy if the big C shows up in my bones or blood. CCP and the WHO collaborated to hide the danger of this virus from the world for months. Taiwan notified the WHO in mid-December that the virus was at large and spreading fast.

I'm thinking very large class-action lawsuit against those two entities. We will see.

My wife had a similar issue happen so we are dealing with a delay that could become much more dangerous for her. Cancer sucks. I wish you the best, YCN.

China should never be left off the hook for this ridiculous situation. First step would be to seize all their property and send any Chinese citizen in this Country back over there permanently. Then pull US business out of there. They can have fun infecting each other to the tune of a billion scumbags.

China has never been and never will be a friend to the US unless you are a Dim and on their payroll, I am confused why people do not understand this. See Iran and other hostile Nations towards the US for examples.

China should never be left off the hook for this ridiculous situation. First step would be to seize all their property and send any Chinese citizen in this Country back over there permanently. Then pull US business out of there. They can have fun infecting each other to the tune of a billion scumbags.

Democraps will never let that happen, they have too much money to lose if they did.

ADVERTISEMENT