ADVERTISEMENT

OU announces Kimrey Family donation of 20 million to OU athletics | 10 million to baseball and 10 million to football

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
This is the large donation that I alluded to when Skip Johnson stayed with the Sooners as their baseball head coach.

Link below is in Skip Johnson thread where I hinted to a huge donation changing the L Dale Mitchell Park renovations potentially speeding up a bit:

Post in thread 'Skip Johnson staying at OU after premature report of his departure'
https://oklahoma.forums.rivals.com/...e-report-of-his-departure.196350/post-4884957

The hope is that this will entice more donations toward the Sooners’ baseball program moving forward as they are much, much closer to being able to move on their stadium renovation plans.

OU President Joe Harroz spoke about what this means for the Sooners baseball program and facilities upgrades in the OU Athletics press release.

“The Kimreys have been pivotal to the success of OU Athletics for many years, and this unprecedented contribution toward state-of-the-art facilities is a game-changer for our baseball and football programs,” said OU President Joseph Harroz Jr. “Generations of student-athletes and Sooner fans will be able to experience the transformative impact of their gift, inspiring greatness as OU Baseball sets its sights on Omaha and our football program continually excels among the nation’s elite. Brian and Kim’s dedication embodies the true spirit of the OU Family, and our gratitude is endless for their trust and support.”

I have not heard, nor have I asked, what The Kimreys’ gift is being used for in the Sooners’ football program, but Oklahoma head football coach Brent Venables spoke on what their buy-in to the program means.

"Our program is beyond thankful for this amazing gift from the Kimrey family. There's no doubt about it — Brian and Kim are 'all in.' This donation exemplifies their gracious support and genuine love of OU Athletics, and comes at an important time as we embark on our exciting new journey as a member of the SEC. Their astounding generosity will help us continue to compete at the highest level."

The Kimrey Family has now donated a total 25.1 million to OU Athletics.

Full press release from OU here: https://soonersports.com/news/2024/...ily-contributes-historic-gift-to-ou-athletics

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.