ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas talking to bolt the Big 12 for the SEC.....

Really, how many OU fans give a crap what happens to the remaining B12 (8) schools? Waaah. Conference realignments/changes have happened since the beginning of college football.
I think OU's slow playing in the hopes another Big 12 teams announce intent to leave. I think I heard this would open up an out clause which reduces or removes the huge ($65-$70) payout to leave early.

If teams start jumping ship (e.g. Kansas to Big 10) the financial penalty is greatly reduced or eliminated...but that is just a theory. I have no doubt the scramble behind the scenes for the remaining schools is a frenzy. Like a game of musical chairs on steroids, every school has a knife, and with the pressure of tectonic plates along the San Andreas fault. I say good luck.

And to the president of OSU, now is not the time to play on the heart strings of Oklahoma citizens. With such a great school, facilities, academics, etc. the Pokes should have no issue finding a new home. Hopefully your school took advantage of a once in a life time donor, time to grow up, OU is done looking out for little brother.

If you look at the OU fan facebook pages there's a few people that hate what's going on which I don't see why this will make OU a better team over time

I think OU's slow playing in the hopes another Big 12 teams announce intent to leave. I think I heard this would open up an out clause which reduces or removes the huge ($65-$70) payout to leave early.
Even if everyone else stays around (would be weird), the play is to insist on playing out the contract unless you get a better deal. The leftovers are going to want some sort of buyout. It hurts them more if you stick around than it hurts you. I'm pretty sure the SEC would wait. Also, there is no point to rush the switch to earn more money just so you can turn it over to the Big XII.

Old 80s joke here... "Why did the pokes renovate with AstroTurf? Cause they couldn't stop their cheerleaders from grazing at halftime."
One has whiskers and smells bad...

the other is a fish.

Reactions: JConXtsy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT