ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Whoa! Way the hell off topic...

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
A friend here in beautiful, bucolic Coweta gave me a couple of Trinidad Scorpion peppers.

I was going to cook them into something, burgers, pizza maybe, but on second thought I don't think I'll ingest them at all.
After doing some research I came to realize they are the (consensus) hottest peppers on the planet with a Scovill rating of around 1.5 Million.
To give that some perspective, your hottest jalapeno is a wussy 200,000 Scovill.
I only smelled them and my eyes watered and I got a burning sensation on two fingers.

So, unless I can trick the cats into eating them in some food and watching that hilarity, they may have to go into the garbage.
Oh well...
eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Soonersincefitty:
A friend here in beautiful, bucolic Coweta gave me a couple of Trinidad Scorpion peppers.

I was going to cook them into something, burgers, pizza maybe, but on second thought I don't think I'll ingest them at all.
After doing some research I came to realize they are the (consensus) hottest peppers on the planet with a Scovill rating of around 1.5 Million.
To give that some perspective, your hottest jalapeno is a wussy 200,000 Scovill.
I only smelled them and my eyes watered and I got a burning sensation on two fingers.

So, unless I can trick the cats into eating them in some food and watching that hilarity, they may have to go into the garbage.
Oh well...
eek.r191677.gif
NO, NO AND HELL TO THE NO !!!

Freeze those suckers and save one for the Arctic man! I'd dice one up and cook into a biggo pot of gameday chili. We'll go out of our way to fight the effects of winter weather up here, even if it means Prilosec...

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
You should allow at least one to seed out, then plant the seeds to populate the world.

I recall a dumb and dumber scene involving a pepper prank. Perhaps you might have a horn or aggie co-worker who might benefit from such a prank?

I've spent quite a bit of time working in Trinidad over the last three years... Those peppers are insane. My friends made some mango chow with the Scorpion peppers plus garlic, cilantro, etc, and I eagerly tried it. Very tasty but very, very hot. I had a really bad time about 24 hours later when the spice was exiting...

Trinidad and Tobago is an awesome place to visit. Trinidad is industrial, while Tobago is the tourist island. I'll be back there in May and I am looking forward to the trip!

Well, an update.

I got the two aforementioned Carolina Reapers in the mail today.

They were just there after the spring game and I thought, what the hell.
I took just a little nibble off of one of them and OMG!
Actually, I'm just beginning to get my mouth back to normal. Major pain and discomfort for thirty minutes.

You know there was a rock and roll band back in the 70's called Blue Oyster Cult.
They had a hit song named, 'Don't fear the Reaper'.

I'm here to testify that they're full of shit.

You should, fear the Reaper.
ohwell.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT