ADVERTISEMENT

OT...What's for dinner this weekend?

Oh yeah 38, I do this thing with scalloped taters.
I put them in the oven on broil when done in a cast iron pan to brown the top layer with extreme heat. Pretty nice touch.
Just watch it close, don't want to burn the top which is easy to do.

Don't be stingy with the sour cream and chives on those babies...it's awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
Oh yeah 38, I do this thing with scalloped taters.
I put them in the oven on broil when done in a cast iron pan to brown the top layer with extreme heat. Pretty nice touch.
Just watch it close, don't want to burn the top which is easy to do.

Don't be stingy with the sour cream and chives on those babies...it's awesome.

Thanks for the tip Fitty.

Fast Food for me...............

FailFall.gif

OMG K2C, where do you get those? the GIF thread will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different sites I visit daily. No chive or such. You should see the inventory I'm building up for the return of "Don't open my Gifs" thread. I got some funny ones stored. BTW, some of those sites get 1000's of hits per day.

If you're really interested in those sites, post an e-mail address and I'll link a few. Beware, high political and nudity, unfit for this board, comes with the package...............

I don't cook many meals, but they tend to be big ones. I love the simplicity of a slow cooker. In eight hours, you can probably cook a post oak tree. Keep it simple, and it tastes good.

I put three or four thick pork chops on a bunch of potatoes that are cut into about eight sections and layered on the bottom. Two packages of frozen corn are layered over the chops. I use one fresh garlic section that I embed in a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and spread over the chops. Add a half cup of water and wait eight hours. The meat will fall off the bone..

It needs a little garlic. But, even two cloves is too much. One clove is adequate. Salt and pepper to your own taste. Not a lot of work in that.

Pot roast is similar. I usually use frozen beans and a package of little carrots with about three sectioned potatoes. Works on a small roast nicely. I do use a pot roast seasoning package. Any of several will do. Again, not much work, and you probably have three days worth of meals for two or three.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I don't cook many meals, but they tend to be big ones. I love the simplicity of a slow cooker. In eight hours, you can probably cook a post oak tree. Keep it simple, and it tastes good.

I put three or four thick pork chops on a bunch of potatoes that are cut into about eight sections and layered on the bottom. Two packages of frozen corn are layered over the chops. I use one fresh garlic section that I embed in a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and spread over the chops. Add a half cup of water and wait eight hours. The meat will fall off the bone..

It needs a little garlic. But, even two cloves is too much. One clove is adequate. Salt and pepper to your own taste. Not a lot of work in that.

Pot roast is similar. I usually use frozen beans and a package of little carrots with about three sectioned potatoes. Works on a small roast nicely. I do use a pot roast seasoning package. Any of several will do. Again, not much work, and you probably have three days worth of meals for two or three.

Oh yeah, you said it dude.
You can be a rock star of a meal with a slow cooker. I've done many roast of all types.
I use two cups of coffee instead of water. The caffeine actually breaks down the sinewy toughness of even the cheapest cuts of meat.
About 5 or 6 hours in, add potatoes, carrots and onions, some Teriyaki too. Superb eats with some red wine and French bread.

Different sites I visit daily. No chive or such. You should see the inventory I'm building up for the return of "Don't open my Gifs" thread. I got some funny ones stored. BTW, some of those sites get 1000's of hits per day.

If you're really interested in those sites, post an e-mail address and I'll link a few. Beware, high political and nudity, unfit for this board, comes with the package...............
Well I don't talk politics with anyone,not even the wife cause it just turns nasty most of the time.... nudity on the other hand, i've got no problem with! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT