ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Went to the Nebraska spring game today....

bdswat_17

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2017
I’m in Lincoln visiting my wife’s family for a few weeks and decided to take in the spring game today. I don’t really know many of the players so it was hard to follow along with like I would the OU spring game and in they only tackled in the 2nd half which made the first half really hard to watch. Some takeaways:
1. I didn’t realize that these fools hadn’t won a conference championship this decade!! 1999 was the last conference championship.
2. The offense looks really slow, the offense has no imagination and if they happen to get a receiver open, the QB can’t get it to him.
3. On the radio the last couple weeks all they talk about is Omar Manning and how big and fast he is and how he’ll be a difference maker. First time they throw it to him he makes about a 10 yard play and the crowd goes wild....but wait illegal motion. Next play he runs a post and beats his man and straight drops a long TD pass. You could here the growns from everyone and the laughter from me!! Dude only played 4 plays last year and was completely healthy!!
5. In the pregame they said Nebraska has only had 4 players drafted since 2017!! (That was before one guy at least got drafted today) but how sad is that for a once dominate program.
6.Nice stadium and nice atmosphere but the team is garbage and OU is gonna run it up big on em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.