ADVERTISEMENT

OT, sort of... NBA to remove BLM from the floor.

Supply and demand. There is an overwhelming supply of amazing athletes that can't quite make it to the Bigs, and plenty of them that would be willing to play for some good money while keeping to themselves.

The whole current team rosters of the NBA could strike, and there'd be no problem replacing every last one of them with rosters that were so close in competitiveness that the viewer would barely see the change.

I also applaud Silver for making the change as early as possible, so if a strike scenario is to arise, it'll happen with plenty of time to turnover the rosters to prevent delay to the new season.
He made a supporting decision thinking it would be positive to the league, found out it was the wrong decision, and pulled the plug just about as fast as he could.

This is what most of us have said all along. Piss off enough fans and it will hit them all in the pocketbook.
I've got a feeling that they may have "woke" the fanbase and may not recover.
In addition to all the "causes" listed, the NBA is very reliant on money coming from China.
For people like me, I was OK not following them when they decided to support a terrorist organization. I'll be OK continuing the boycott as long as they cater to the Communist China base.
Be interesting to see these coddled multi-millionaires getting their money source cut-off.
Players, coaches and executives.

Anyone remember this story about the "racist" Atlanta Hawks owner forced to sell his minority ownership, because he was upset at team profits and cited that Hawks games had higher attendance but produced less revenue than the hockey team in the same arena had, the Atlanta Thrashers (Winnipeg Jets)? He then used demographics to determine the difference and got lambasted for just pointing out the elephant in the room like any good businessman would do? If the demographical difference had been anything else, OK. He made the one big no-no possible.

Profits should never be the reason a businessman makes decisions. Expect similar "racist" calls on Silver. I mean, he DOES have a skinned head.

Anyone remember this story about the "racist" Atlanta Hawks owner forced to sell his minority ownership, because he was upset at team profits and cited that Hawks games had higher attendance but produced less revenue than the hockey team in the same arena had, the Atlanta Thrashers (Winnipeg Jets)? He then used demographics to determine the difference and got lambasted for just pointing out the elephant in the room like any good businessman would do? If the demographical difference had been anything else, OK. He made the one big no-no possible.

Profits should never be the reason a businessman makes decisions. Expect similar "racist" calls on Silver. I mean, he DOES have a skinned head.
What those who are upset don't seem to understand or believe is, the fortunes that they are amassing playing a game comes from a very wide variety of demographics. If you make a decision to alienate any of those, you need to be prepared to deal with the reduced revenues, which also means reduced profits/incomes. I would be a lot more impressed if they stood for their causes regardless of the financial impact on themselves. That is a true commitment. Anything else is fake protest/outrage. Just like the boycott games during the playoffs - they actually were rescheduled and the league and players still got their money. Fake boycott. All the boycott ended up being was just a night off.

I guess they finally found out, which is why the flopped back to disallowing these causes on the court. Remember when the NBA's first position was disallowing the causes on the court?

I lost interest in basketball first, when Tim Duncan retired. I was a SPURS fan. Well then Kawia pulled his drama. NBA, imo is a drama queen soap opera for fools. Bunch of self centered fools entertaining fools imo.

Money talks at the end of the day and you know the rest. No longer watched them anyway nor the NFL when that BS started there. Don't miss either one and won't go back so let them keep it or do away with it. It's too little too late for a lot of us. I am also at that point with the big12 as well.

ADVERTISEMENT