ADVERTISEMENT

OT...So OT it's nothing short of incredible...

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
I was watching the decided chick flick, The Graduate. You know, Dustin Hoffman, Katherine Ross and Anne Bancroft.

I noticed something that had escaped me before. Anna Bancroft was ultra hot in 1967 when the film came out.

Let's do the requisite math.
Anne was 36, I was 17 when the film was released.
That's like nuclear, monkey sex.

Ah, what could have been had she just called my parents home and ask for me...:D

I was watching the decided chick flick, The Graduate. You know, Dustin Hoffman, Katherine Ross and Anne Bancroft.

I noticed something that had escaped me before. Anna Bancroft was ultra hot in 1967 when the film came out.

Let's do the requisite math.
Anne was 36, I was 17 when the film was released.
That's like nuclear, monkey sex.

Ah, what could have been had she just called my parents home and ask for me...:D

Thanks for the review. Now give us one for "Midnight Cowboy"....

JJ.

I truly believe the late 60's and into the 70's were the worse time in cinematic history. Just think about it. I can't think of one movie that would stand with the golden years of the 40's, 50's. Maybe "The Sound of Music".

Reactions: Section22Sooner
To both of yous, yes...Brenda Vacarro in Midnight Cowboy, very comely and hot before she plumped up.

Faye Dunaway as Bonnie Parker...I don't know that much about casting, but casting her was gold. (the actual Bonnie Parker was a bit homely...and Clyde Barrow was bisexual)
Part time weenie cleaner indeed he was.

Midnight Cowboy had a women star? If I remember that movie was the "Brokebutt Mountain" of it's time.

Weren't Godfather I & II early 70s flicks? But on the other hand, my biggest gripe with TV/cinema from mid 60s to late 70s was the apparent inattention to hairstyles. Regardless of the time period in which the story is set, you can always tell that a movie was made in that 15 year period because of the hairstyles. IMO, the M*A*S*H TV series was the most egregious in that regard.

The Exorcist, The French Connection, One Flew Over the Cookoo Next, Taxi Driver, Star Wars and one of favs, American Grafiti

But then again...The Ghost & Mr. Chicken, Shaft, Night of the Living Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Weren't Godfather I & II early 70s flicks? But on the other hand, my biggest gripe with TV/cinema from mid 60s to late 70s was the apparent inattention to hairstyles. Regardless of the time period in which the story is set, you can always tell that a movie was made in that 15 year period because of the hairstyles. IMO, the M*A*S*H TV series was the most egregious in that regard.

Wait. I was only born in 77, but I remember MASH and can do this math. How can a 70s/80s filmed show violate true 70s haircuts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT