ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So Buster and I just step outside for him to piss and me to go to the

Wufee

Sooner starter
Dec 12, 2001
mailbox. Big, big, big mistake. I saunter to the mailbox and pull out my 2 pounds of junk. So while Buster is taking his 4th piss, I'm leafing thru the mass of stuff. Then I see it,. An envelope from the county accessors office and emblazed on the front in bold print is "revised assessment". I fully realized that it'll be a cold day in hell for the revision to reflect a reduction....right? So I'm standing there in the street deciding to open now or 6 months from now. Unfortunately for me, I find it difficult to procrastinate. So I lean on the mail box and open up the accursed thing. Well I gotta tell you, I almost squeezed off a loaf right out there in the street. The tax is over 2.5 times more than my old house. My mind is blown, but yet potus reminds me daily that I'm not paying my "fair share". Well, I'm still standing there trying to re-understand why I get to pay income (state and federal), gas, sales, franchise, inventory, soc sec, Medicaid, use, luxury, utility add on fees, personal property, adult beverage, tags (25), layered on products for sale, excise, capital gains, estate, death, taxes. I'm sure I've over looked some juicy ones. Anyway, I love me some gubment.

Btw, within 2 days of the closing on my new house and before I moved, an accessor rung my front doorbell and said they needed to look around. Hell there was still construction stuff laying around. Don't you wish all of the other gov offices were as efficient and diligent. Sorry for the rant, boys, sometimes I just feel like throwing in the damn towel.

• Love
Reactions: jason#1soonerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.