ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shoutout Perine, C. Thomas, Mayfield, Knight

NealKenn

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2013
Recently a co-worker of mine passed away from Leukemia. He was a good man, and a joy to be around. I will not pretend like I was super close to the man, so this thread will not be a eulogy. Due to that fact, out of respect for him family and loved ones, I won't be sharing his full name or the picture. Anyways, that being out of the way, here's the point of this thread.

He passed away earlier this week. I believe it was this weekend though, Samaje Perine, Baker Mayfield, Cody Thomas, and Trevor Knight all paid him a visit. This man was a diehard Sooner fan. I don't believe he was apart of this board, but he still bled Crimson and Cream. I want to take this time to thank publicly these young men, and to raise awareness to yall, about what a kind gesture it was for them, and how much it meant to that man's family, friends, and coworkers that they did this act of kindness. Thank you Perine, CT, Baker, and TK. They took time out of their busy lives to visit someone in a hospital. Not a young child like you usually see, but a grown man who was in a hospital bed, who simply loved his Sooners. I know that even now as a 26 year old, the thought of visiting someone in the hospital (even ones I know) gives me chills. It's morbid. But these young men visited a man they didn't know, and raised his spirits. That is character, generosity, and love for their fellow man. He passed a few days after their visit. The facebook post that's spread amongst his colleagues and friends said that while there were many medical complications with him at that time, on that day, he had an appetite, and his spirit was raised, due to these visitors. The picture has all 5 of them holding up a 1. A man who once towered above the rest, now in a bed, but still showing strength and a his great smile. I know it meant a lot to the family to have that lasting image, and as a co-worker and fellow Sooner diehard, I know it lifted his spirits and gave him joy in what turned out to be one of his final days.

In closing. Again, this is a shoutout to those 4 young men. I could not be more proud to be a fan of theirs. Bringing joy to those in pain, especially when you don't have to, can't be appreciated enough. Thank you. Class acts all around. #RIPBigBob

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.