ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Red River Rivalry Travel Plans

NealKenn

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2013
I need some help guys. This year is the first year my wife and I are going to the RRR or RRS or whatever it's called now. Well we have already booked a hotel but I kinda need to know what to expect in terms of travel. As of right now (yet our plans are very liquid) we plan on leaving OKC around noon on Friday. If we go down 35, how long of a drive are we talking here? We talking a 4 hour drive or an 8 hour drive? Exactly how bad is the traffic on the Friday before around that time? Has anyone taken 81 down there, and is that faster on that weekend? Also, we are staying at a hotel around 6 miles away, I heard a horror story that it took like 4 hours to get 6 miles to a parking lot near the stadium, is that true? And finally, if we were to leave and head home immediately after the game, what type of traffic are we talking about here? Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to pin down some plans and whether or not we just need to book 2 nights and come home on Sunday (also how is that traffic?), and also maybe if we need to leave earlier on the Friday before. Thanks for the help guys, popping that RRS cherry!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.