ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Okie Lite writer claims they'll lead the Big 12 in rushing next two years...

Drunk Uncle

Sooner starter
Gold Member
May 4, 2016
a neighborhood bar
giphy.gif

Link

Hot Take alert…Justice Hill will lead the league in rushing in 2018 and J.D. King will lead the league in rushing in 2019. Book it.
We all know that 2018 will be the year of Justice. The returning Big 12 rushing leader is primed for a huge season as the Cowboys are replacing their record-setting QB and WR combo. Also, Mike Gundy is probably already game-planning to hand it off about 85% of the time due to the offensive transition. If Justice’s year is like we all expect, there is a very good chance he will forego his senior campaign and make an obscene amount of money playing on Sundays. And that will be very sad for us OSU fans.
However, rest assured that there is a King in the making just waiting for his turn. We could all see how impressive J.D. King was right off the bat. He housed his second collegiate carry to the tune of 71 yards. Even more impressively, he carried the ball 25 times for 99 yards in the FIRST HALF against a solid West Virginia Defense.
In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if King will be making his film debut in the upcoming Godzilla movie with all the other giant monsters. With his speed and power combination, he really reminds me of a large version of Kendall Hunter. Quite the comparison, I know. But Hunter was so successful not because of supreme speed or crazy athleticism. He was balanced, ran with brute force, and did the little things well. He was a good blocker and pass catcher, he ran both inside and outside. Spud was hard to game plan for and put up some big numbers because of that. J.D. King will provide similar nightmares to opposing defensive coordinators.
2019 will also see Oklahoma State breaking in a new QB (if we can trust Gundy about Corn Dog being the guy in 2018). When Spencer Sanders takes the reins of the Cowboy offense, he will be relying heavily on the run game in order to make his life easier, and JD King looks to be well prepared to be “the guy”.
Even with Chuba Hubbard back there taking some carries away, it is clear that JD will be Options 1-3 on offense next year. Count me in for J.D. King truck-sticks on helpless linebackers and DB’s as he runs away with the 2019 Big 12 rushing title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.