ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Ploy to Increase Ticket Sales and Attract Fans @ osu...

Only makes games at West Point seem more enjoyable for me.
Serving beer at a college game is asking for trouble.
I used to agree with this. Now I'm the exact opposite. Not selling alcohol during the game leads to people binge drinking just before it. From my personal experience in providing emergency medical service to OU patrons for 23 years, binge drinking is problematic. During venues where alcohol is served, such as the concerts, our alcohol related calls are almost nonexistent. During football games, we routinely respond to people who have consumed way too much alcohol, sometimes even life threatening amounts, just prior to entering the stadium.

And people sneak hard liquor into the games to drink during it. Flasks, "pocket shots," and even large bottles of it. Serving beer will never stop all of that, but it will put a sizable dent in it. Nobody sneaks 12 packs of beer in.

It's a good thing it was cold and no metal detectors were in use at Arrowhead in '03...
I carried a "3rd leg" sixer in for me & the gang under my parka that sad night

"TP's mj clinic" may be open for biz in 19 which may be a boon for their program

Last edited:
I used to agree with this. Now I'm the exact opposite. Not selling alcohol during the game leads to people binge drinking just before it. From my personal experience in providing emergency medical service to OU patrons for 23 years, binge drinking is problematic. During venues where alcohol is served, such as the concerts, our alcohol related calls are almost nonexistent. During football games, we routinely respond to people who have consumed way too much alcohol, sometimes even life threatening amounts, just prior to entering the stadium.

And people sneak hard liquor into the games to drink during it. Flasks, "pocket shots," and even large bottles of it. Serving beer will never stop all of that, but it will put a sizable dent in it. Nobody sneaks 12 packs of beer in.

I'm holding out for weed.....

John says thanks to all and that he's gonna up his geritol intake and seek out all avenues to try and be here before early September...
That would put a :p on My Face!

Message 4 Him: Don't overlook Rainbow Avenue...The one with the Pot-of-Gold @ the end, or The Yellow Brick Road...It's the FUN One!

Let me know when he pays his electricity bill and gets his PC back up and runnin'...

That would put a :p on My Face!

Message 4 Him: Don't overlook Rainbow Avenue...The one with the Pot-of-Gold @ the end, or The Yellow Brick Road...It's the FUN One!
He's sworn off the Sin Dens except for the freebies on occasion. Saving his pennies for the rainy days. He did mention you and vitamin E; best that he forgets his teeth for that eventuality and I have no clue why :eek:

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I've got Nord and Astrill. Astrill seems to work a little better for me when I'm out of the country, especially when getting to US Netflix, HBO, etc..

Yeah, there are issues with Nord even in the US. I like them in whole, but I definitely have to disable them on occasion for some browsing... most notably, Amazon blocks Nord addresses, so I have to disable it anytime I go on Amazon. Other than a handful of instances, I keep it on mostly and don't see any speed degradation or other issues.

Yeah, there are issues with Nord even in the US. I like them in whole, but I definitely have to disable them on occasion for some browsing... most notably, Amazon blocks Nord addresses, so I have to disable it anytime I go on Amazon. Other than a handful of instances, I keep it on mostly and don't see any speed degradation or other issues.

Same issues with me... I signed up for their multi-year deal to give them a try, but if I'm on Netflix, Amazon, etc.. I have to use Astrill, which is the VPN I've used since I was in China.

ADVERTISEMENT