ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MLB

The 7 inning double header rule exists in the minors as yet another way to coddle pitchers. MLB won't do it because it would remove 4 innings of baseball.
I'm still not biting on baseball this year.
This pandemic has pulled my interest in sports out from under me. My hope now is for normalcy in 2021, and that's not a certain thing.

With all the canceled games, double-headers will be required to make up most games.
MLB has "done it" - 7 inning games for double headers.
Aimed at saving pitchers a little.

The 7 inning double header rule exists in the minors as yet another way to coddle pitchers. MLB won't do it because it would remove 4 innings of baseball.
I'm still not biting on baseball this year.
This pandemic has pulled my interest in sports out from under me. My hope now is for normalcy in 2021, and that's not a certain thing.
MLB double header 7 inning games... IS for real. It's happening.

The 7 inning double header rule is happening THIS year. Is it continuing beyond this year ?

Dunno. But this year is a complete waste. MLB has moved on from entertaining to attempting to just make a buck, pay bills. Very little about this year's game is for the fan base.

Reactions: CTOkie
Dunno. But this year is a complete waste. MLB has moved on from entertaining to attempting to just make a buck, pay bills. Very little about this year's game is for the fan base.
Agree. And the "verdict" on college football is still to be finalized.
In short, this is a lost year out of my life on several fronts.

Agree. And the "verdict" on college football is still to be finalized.
In short, this is a lost year out of my life on several fronts.

With a Covid filled shortened season, there's alot of speculation going on in Houston these days that the new management team in place are using this season to play a lot of their minor league pitchers affording them game experience, then evaluate them, and to also showcase them for future trade bait. It's just weird down here watching baseball. It just feels strange as it's exhibition baseball or something. Perhaps it's just me.

With a Covid filled shortened season, there's alot of speculation going on in Houston these days that the new management team in place are using this season to play a lot of their minor league pitchers affording them game experience, then evaluate them, and to also showcase them for future trade bait. It's just weird down here watching baseball. It just feels strange as it's exhibition baseball or something. Perhaps it's just me.
I noticed that watching the first 6 Yankees games. So far those Yankee fringe pitchers are solid in relief.

Well those minor league pitchers for the Astros helped them reach the ALCS. I'm thinking cole is a bit disappointed about right now.

'Stros have come alive at the plate and their young staff is coming around. They resigned Gurriel but for less money. They will drop Grienke to pay Springer. They may not make the WS but they have a legit shot. Kyle Tucker has finally figured it out.

ADVERTISEMENT