ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Losing my patience

Go online and read about the lives and businesses that were destroyed. Businesses owned by minorities that worked very hard and saved most of their life to own their own business only to have it burned and looted. Businesses that were already hit hard financially because of the Chinese Virus.
Innocent people that had absolutely NOTHING to do with a Cop killing a Black Man. Where is the lefts outrage about that? What about David Dorn, the retired Black Cop that was Murdered trying to defend his friends business, he was shot in the head and died on a sidewalk. What did he do to deserve that? What about the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks every year? Yep silence from BLM and the Left. What about the Police Officers killed by Blacks every year, hint its more than the other way around thats for sure but yet there is no outrage, no looting, no burning down businesses owned by innocent people.

BLM has over 1 billion in donations since it was formed a few yrs ago. What have thwy done to help their Communities? Any Scholarships awarded? Any neughborhood cleanups? Any Social Work to help Fatherless kids? Nah.
Its a terrorist organization and should be treated as such just as antifa is. Antifacists my eye, bunch of Marxists is all they are.

Reactions: iasooner1
Go online and read about the lives and businesses that were destroyed. Businesses owned by minorities that worked very hard and saved most of their life to own their own business only to have it burned and looted. Businesses that were already hit hard financially because of the Chinese Virus.
Innocent people that had absolutely NOTHING to do with a Cop killing a Black Man. Where is the lefts outrage about that? What about David Dorn, the retired Black Cop that was Murdered trying to defend his friends business, he was shot in the head and died on a sidewalk. What did he do to deserve that? What about the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks every year? Yep silence from BLM and the Left. What about the Police Officers killed by Blacks every year, hint its more than the other way around thats for sure but yet there is no outrage, no looting, no burning down businesses owned by innocent people.

BLM has over 1 billion in donations since it was formed a few yrs ago. What have thwy done to help their Communities? Any Scholarships awarded? Any neughborhood cleanups? Any Social Work to help Fatherless kids? Nah.
Its a terrorist organization and should be treated as such just as antifa is. Antifacists my eye, bunch of Marxists is all they are.
For that matter, what has changing the names of sports teams mascots done to enhance the lives of blacks and the American Indian ? (Although I believe "Redskins" is over-the-top).

Reactions: OUSOONER67
About 90% of my employment time in the last ten years has been in East (Kenya, Mozambique & Tanzania) and West (Ghana & Nigeria) Africa. My first business trip to Africa was 1988. All of my joint venture partners are black. Some of them are very wealthy with far reaching political powers in their respective country. Total employee count is about 3,000. Less than 30 are white and I am the only American. The one question I am asked in Africa by our staff is how one can emigrate to the USA. I learned a long time ago not to paint a picture of poor opportunities, racism and dire circumstances. In most cases their circumstances in Africa is far worse. Africans, in my opinion, have a far more healthy view of dire circumstances than most people in the world. Dire circumstances is a part of their daily life. Commutes to work of more than two hours one way is the norm. I personally know hundreds of Africans that have emigrated to the USA and have flourished in our racist society. How is that possible? It's because they are faced with much greater discourse in their own country than what is presented to them in the USA.

@OUSOONER67 Candace Owens is that you??

Is this your only response? Candace Owens? I was at my family reunion a couple of weeks ago and my beautiful young niece ask me, "If the economy was so good before Covid why are so many black people still in poverty?" My answer was because most black people in poverty have decided to stay and live in poverty. I reminded her that Viet Nam refugees from the 70's, and illegal Mexicans that crossed the river years ago, both have 2nd & 3rd generations of family that have carved out a slice of middle income in America. Only because they desired it and wanted it bad enough. Is it easy? Hell no. But it's doable. And easier today than it was just 20 years ago too. So yes, interestingly enough, so did Candace Owens and her family. Mock them if you wish, all of those that work to improve their lives and those that use the resources made available to them. But only a fool would do this as America has always had it's hand 'opened' for those that wanted to help themselves.

Anyone who remembers 1968 as a year of peaceful protests must be suffering from memory loss due to dementia.

I also remember that Nixon won the election as the Law & Order President. You remember that don't you? I'm sure you remember the Chicago Democratic Mayor beating the holy hell out of what you identify as protesters too. You remember that don't you? You don't see it now because most Democratic Mayors actually endorse the rioting, the few that have not openly encouraged them have turned their heads to it. You're out of touch w/ reality Owen.

About 90% of my employment time in the last ten years has been in East (Kenya, Mozambique & Tanzania) and West (Ghana & Nigeria) Africa. My first business trip to Africa was 1988. All of my joint venture partners are black. Some of them are very wealthy with far reaching political powers in their respective country. Total employee count is about 3,000. Less than 30 are white and I am the only American. The one question I am asked in Africa by our staff is how one can emigrate to the USA. I learned a long time ago not to paint a picture of poor opportunities, racism and dire circumstances. In most cases their circumstances in Africa is far worse. Africans, in my opinion, have a far more healthy view of dire circumstances than most people in the world. Dire circumstances is a part of their daily life. Commutes to work of more than two hours one way is the norm. I personally know hundreds of Africans that have emigrated to the USA and have flourished in our racist society. How is that possible? It's because they are faced with much greater discourse in their own country than what is presented to them in the USA.

You're so correct. They come to America to seek the opportunites to be successful that most in this country ignore all the while waiting on the handouts. They're trapped in a welfare system and many just don't want out.

Reactions: BillyRay
I also remember that Nixon won the election as the Law & Order President. You remember that don't you? I'm sure you remember the Chicago Democratic Mayor beating the holy hell out of what you identify as protesters too. You remember that don't you? You don't see it now because most Democratic Mayors actually endorse the rioting, the few that have not openly encouraged them have turned their heads to it. You're out of touch w/ reality Owen.
I remember it well. HH didn’t even get an honorable mention on the Worst candidate ever for POTUS list either sadly

The reality is you missed the point of my comment. I was referencing '68 as at least as bad if not worse year in terms of unrest. And that doesnt even count 2 assasinations. I voted for Nixon twice but looking back on it, that was probably a mistake.

@OUSOONER67 Candace Owens is that you??
307e44c8022a1cc37d7d1ddb102770f0.gif

The reality is you missed the point of my comment. I was referencing '68 as at least as bad if not worse year in terms of unrest. And that doesnt even count 2 assasinations. I voted for Nixon twice but looking back on it, that was probably a mistake.

I think it was worse. Only because of the war. And LBJ did not/could not squelch it. I could not vote for Nixon (age). I cast my first vote for Carter. Like you, I too believe I made a mistake.

I definitely did not vote for carter. That '68 election was unique in that Wallace won about 13.5% of the vote. Nixon barely beat Humphrey. I think Wallace won 11 states.

I definitely did not vote for carter. That '68 election was unique in that Wallace won about 13.5% of the vote. Nixon barely beat Humphrey. I think Wallace won 11 states.

Research shows he won 5 states, Lousiana, Arkansas, Miss, Bama, & Geogia. Texas went to Humphrey. Which BTW was pretty common place for many years for Texas to vote Democratic. Cali & even Illinois went for Nixon.

If you say there is no systemic racism in the United States, you are either being disingenuous or you have been living under a rock. These black people are not making things up. You are lucky to be white in this society. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06...te-people-still-dont-understand-about-racism/

Thomas Sowell says concept of systemic racism 'has no meaning,' warns US could reach 'point of no return'

Economist and author Thomas Sowell told "Life Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday evening that the left's claim that America is beset by "systemic racism" has no definitive meaning and cannot be "tested" in any empirical manner.

Reactions: BillyRay
From reconstruction, for nearly 100 years, there were two parties in Texas: liberal democrats and conservative democrats. I think it was 1964, when a moderate republican, John Tower, broke through and won a statewide election, winning a senate seat. But it didn't matter in those days, because both the House and Senate were firmly democratic.

But two things changed that. One was the imposition of the federal courts with elitist ideas imposed on a very unwilling electorate. Certainly so in this part of the country. People were very unhappy when the Supreme Court took prayer out of public schools and then over the next two decades, redefined God in public office and the public sector, imposing their will on especially small towns, telling them that nativity scenes that had been around for a century, and calling it illegal.

The Ronald Reagan made being conservative not just acceptable, but to some, preferable. He helped change the court at least in part. And who sits became a huge factor in presidential elections. During Reagan, the GOP got control of Congress for maybe the second time in 50 years. Part of that was conservative democrats, especially in the southern half of the country, who saw their party moving further and further to the left, and switching parties. More than a few, who'd been part of the majority party as conservative democrats became republicans. BUt they were the same people who'd already been there.

Last edited:
Reactions: newnasty
From reconstruction, for nearly 100 years, there were two parties in Texas: liberal democrats and conservative democrats. I think it was 1964, when a moderate republican, John Tower, broke through and won a statewide election, winning a senate seat. But it didn't matter in those days, because both the House and Senate were firmly democratic.

But two things changed that. One was the imposition of the federal courts with elitist ideas on a very unwilling electorate. Certainly so in this part of the country. People were very unhappy with the Supreme Court took prayer out of public schools and then over the next two decades, redefined God in public office and the public sector, imposing their will on especially small towns, telling them that nativity scenes that had been around for a century, and calling it illegal.

The Ronald Reagan made being conservative not just acceptable, but to some, preferable. He helped change the court at least in part. And who sits became a huge factor in presidential elections. During Reagan, the GOP got control of Congress for maybe the second time in 50 years. Part of that was conservative democrats, especially in the southern half of the country, who saw their party moving further and further to the left, and switching parties. More than a few, who'd been part of the majority party as conservative democrats became republicans. BUt they were the same people who'd already been there.

"...especially in the southern half of the country, who saw their party moving further and further to the left, and switching parties. More than a few, who'd been part of the majority party as conservative democrats became republicans."

That would be me. After my blunder w/ Carter, I never looked back. Never will either.

If you say there is no systemic racism in the United States, you are either being disingenuous or you have been living under a rock. These black people are not making things up. You are lucky to be white in this society. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06...te-people-still-dont-understand-about-racism/

I was born White nothing lucky about it. As far as I know everyone in the US that is still alive was born FREE in the Greatest Country the World has ever seen until Libtards came along to eff it all up. Everything libtards touch they destroy and now they have their sights on Sports. Blame them not Racism because the last time I looked Whites were a Minority in Sports but were not whining about it. Blacks used to until it was Desegregated so now that its flipped should White People Protest to make it more balanced and fair for all? Just do 50/50 split to make it more fair.
But what about the Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Mexicans etc? Are they not being suppressed in Racist America too or is it just Blacks? The whole thing is a crock of crap.

And while we are at it, all these College Coaches supporting this crap while making Millions of dollars a year off these kids, what are they doing to change things? Sure they let them come over to swim in their pool at their Multi Million Dollar Mansion and feed them BBQ probably paid by a big time donor all the while wanting us the Common Folk to cram our butts in the cramped seats and spend a fortune on travel and hotel and tickets to see a bunch of privledged brats and Coaches preach to to us about how racist we all are while spending tons of money to support people we hate and think are beneath us. Good grief the World done lost its mind.
Wanna protest something? Protest the cramped assed seats, protest the overpriced crappy food at the OU Concessions, Protest the Hotels Price Gouging us because during Game Day they call it "Special Event" pricing.
I used to be a Season Ticket Holder, I used to drive 10 hrs round trip to support them, no more.

NO THANKS!

Last edited:
...all the while wanting us the Common Folk to cram our butts in the cramped seats and spend a fortune on travel and hotel and tickets to see a bunch of privledged brats and Coaches preach to to us about how racist we all are while spending tons of money to support people we hate and think are beneath us. Good grief the World done lost its mind.

I used to be a Season Ticket Holder, I used to drive 10 hrs round trip to support them, no more.

NO THANKS!

Dang 67, I say this every day. Must be a lot of us out there because I also hear it from the Sooner fans I know. Using sports as a platform for politics and social justice causes have (once again) ruined a good thing.

Dang 67, I say this every day. Must be a lot of us out there because I also hear it from the Sooner fans I know. Using sports as a platform for politics and social justice causes have (once again) ruined a good thing.

Same here I know a bunch that have been turned off by it and many say they will never return. I am in that boat now myself. I am just fed up with it all, a lot of people are.

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
ADVERTISEMENT