ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kavontae Turpin..

hermans

Sooner starter
Dec 20, 2004
Kid was a 2 star recruit.. Two Stars!!! Look at his film and tell me you see a two star player. Look at his ability to plant his foot in the ground and cut on a dime. Look at his speed. I loved this kid since I saw him play his junior year. He lit up Warren Easton (Arthur McGinnis) in state championship. Dude is fast, but watch his feet and how he cuts. We all wonder why our players don't get separation from DB's or can't keep up with WR's and I think it is because we look for size/height/weight first and speed next. Love the kids on our rosters, but there aren't any flat out burners on our roster. Westbrook and Baxter are small in stature so you would think they would be 4.2 or 4.3 guys, but they're not. We need more of these type players who are already the fastest kid on the field and add strength/weight when they get into the program. This kid is a nightmare.. We need nightmares on our roster. When was the last time we had a guy on the roster where anyone said if you give him a crease it's to the house? I would say Adrian Peterson and prior to that would have been Antonio Perkins.. We look for size way more than we look for speed. I think Patterson looks for speed first, with the intent to add size once on campus..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.