ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hockey

NealKenn

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2013
The season is fast approaching. Last year was my first year to ever watch hockey. The Thunder were sucking it up and I went full "Texas fan" on them and simply stopped watching. But I needed sports. So I realized I had the NHL Network, and NBC Sports played hockey, and Fox Sports Southwest showed every Stars game. I tell you what I fell in love. Last season was about learning the rules. The playoff point system, icing, offsides, and all that stuff. I really fell in love with the game. I believe in the rules of fandom you're allowed to be a bandwagon fan during your first year of fandom, but after that you aren't allowed to switch. So I watched as many Lightning games as possible. Stamkos, the triplets, and Headman. I'm now a Lightning fan. Well during the bye week my woman and I drove to Dallas and watched a preseason game between the Stars and the Lightning. It was my first live hockey game as an adult and it was awesome. Best part was that my wife loved it also. She isn't a sports girl, sorta just puts up with it in order to spend time with me but she really liked it. Anyways, yesterday I took some advice from a thread here during the offseason and I called DirecTv and complained about new customers getting good deal and blah blah blah. Threatened to cancel, and in return I got free NHL Center Ice. So now I can watch my Lightning almost every game. I'm pumped. Here's to a season of good hockey! #GoBolts

What team do yall support and how do you see this year going?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.