ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great Masters Tournament yet sad

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
I was really happy that Gracia finally won a major, but after the tournament was over I watched the Jim Nantz special about Arnold Palmer that I had recorded. Wow. That was s tear jerker. Of all the people that have been of my life time, Arnie is the one that I would given my left nut to have just had dinner and talked with. Only Arnie fans will understand. He was one of the greatest. My second pick would be Bud. Nothing wrong with that.

I was really happy that Gracia finally won a major, but after the tournament was over I watched the Jim Nantz special about Arnold Palmer that I had recorded. Wow. That was s tear jerker. Of all the people that have been of my life time, Arnie is the one that I would given my left nut to have just had dinner and talked with. Only Arnie fans will understand. He was one of the greatest. My second pick would be Bud. Nothing wrong with that.

I was glad to see Garcia finally win a major. He is very deserving.

I agree about Arnold Palmer. He had charisma and was liked by all & he had a tremendous conpetitiveness,

Arnie will be missed.

It was fitting that Garcia won on Seve's 60th birthday. I had the pleasure of meeting Seve at one of the first Dubai Desert Classics. He was a first class gentleman.

Seve was not only a great golfer but also a great person.
He had many memorable golf recovery shots when his previous shots put him in a difficult position on the golf course.
Seve like Arnold Palmer had charisma and was well liked.

Seve died way too young as did one of my other favorite pro golfers Payne Stewart.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT