ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Funny Army Story

BearClaw172

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2014
Dr Pepper Fansville
I decided its Friday and this day is dragging on so I thought I would share a funny ass story about our Army Recruiter.

To set the story I will mention I am in the Army but I don't work on military installation instead I work at a National Guard Armory in the Operations and Planning shop. Anyways, just outside our Armory the highway department has started widening the road so their is heavy construction going on. Our building sits right next to huge open field that is close to 50 acres. Due to the new construction we sometimes have to wait to pull into our building while they are working on laying utilities and what not. So, Monday our Recruiter comes pulling in to the parking lot and I notice his Dodge Ram has a huge dent in the bumper. Now, his truck is his pride and joy so I know he has got to be upset. So I ask him what happened and he says its embarrassing and he doesn't really feel like talking about it. I can tell he is upset so I don't press him on it. Later he comes in my office and this where the beauty of the story happens as he told me:

"So I had to meet a potential recruit down here Saturday morning so I came to the Armory a little early to get some paperwork done. On the way I got the worst shit pain of my life and I just knew I didn't have much time so I was flying down the road to get to work. I was alternating between the heat and air conditioning because I would go from the chills to the sweats. Right when I got to the armory they had the road block while they were moving a paver. I was squirming in my seat just knowing I was gonna erupt at any second. Finally the paver moved and I flew in to the parking lot and pulled right up the front door. I shut my truck off, almost broke the front door trying to get in, ran to the latrine, and with no time to spare blew the toilet up. As I sat their feeling proud and shameful at the same time the door bell starting ringing non-stop so I hurried to finish up thinking it was the recruit I was suppose to meet. When I got to the front door their was a Mexican wearing a helmet and construction vest and he kept motioning me to follow. That's when I notice my truck was no longer in front of the building."

In his haste to get to the latrine he had forgotten to put his truck in park and it had slowly started moving down the hill and through the parking lot, barely missing the construction workers, and continued through the field until it hit a tree. He said he had to do the walk of shame to get his truck while everyone watched. The worst part of all it was the recruit never showed up.

Reactions: Sooner5900
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.