ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Farina for VP

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
Cruz picks Farina as his running mate. What a great idea.

allen___farina___hoskins___small_talk.jpg

Carly is better making a speech than in a debate. She over played the Planned Parenthood issue and she has never held a political office. Too much to overcome to be POTUS. Still I am impressed. Cruz is a robot........true statement.

Reactions: CTOkie
I was always pretty impressed with Fiorina during her time in the race. Not sure why she didn't catch on with voters more. I thought she was always very well spoken and gave solid answers during the debates I saw her in.
Personally, I do not believe that "winning" debate means anything.
Ron Paul in 2012 was far and away the most insightful debater but was blackballed by every mainstream network: the liberal nanny state advocates from the left....and the neocon Bible-thumpers from the right.....both of whom want big intrusive government control over our lives.
We now have to listen to debates resembling arguments between high school boys....with references to genitalia and physical appearances included.
People are being told what they WANT to hear, not what they NEED to hear.
As a result, the choice in 2016 is now between voting for a shameless mercenary career politician (who's greatly overrated) or a vote for an attitude over substance.

Reactions: veritas59
Personally, I do not believe that "winning" debate means anything.
Ron Paul in 2012 was far and away the most insightful debater but was blackballed by every mainstream network: the liberal nanny state advocates from the left....and the neocon Bible-thumpers from the right.....both of whom want big intrusive government control over our lives.
We now have to listen to debates resembling arguments between high school boys....with references to genitalia and physical appearances included.
People are being told what they WANT to hear, not what they NEED to hear.
As a result, the choice in 2016 is now between voting for a shameless mercenary career politician (who's greatly overrated) or a vote for an attitude over substance.

If Ron Paul had the power and influence that Trump has, those elections would have been much different. Ron Paul is the preeminent "anti-establishment" candidate, but you're right the mainstream media and the establishment essentially crushed his campaigns year after year by treating him like an outcast. Trump is so well known and has the power and appeal to the country that the establishment and media can't do the same thing to him like they did to Paul.

I always liked Ron Paul. I very much wanted to see him get the nomination in those years he ran. I wasn't a big fan of his foreign policy, but his stance on domestic issues I think he is exactly what the country needs.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
If Ron Paul had the power and influence that Trump has, those elections would have been much different. Ron Paul is the preeminent "anti-establishment" candidate, but you're right the mainstream media and the establishment essentially crushed his campaigns year after year by treating him like an outcast. Trump is so well known and has the power and appeal to the country that the establishment and media can't do the same thing to him like they did to Paul.

I always liked Ron Paul. I very much wanted to see him get the nomination in those years he ran. I wasn't a big fan of his foreign policy, but his stance on domestic issues I think he is exactly what the country needs.
It was Paul's foreign policy that I agreed with, especially after the reckless and costly foreign policy we have had since 1945.

It was Paul's foreign policy that I agreed with, especially after the reckless and costly foreign policy we have had since 1945.

I just don't agree with his idea of completely disengaging from the world entirely. He was just far too isolationist minded for me. I do think the US meddles too much in world affairs, but that is just a holdover from the Cold War. That's the main reason the US made the foreign policy decisions it's made since 1945. But I also think there is some validity to how US foreign policy being mainly isolationist prior to 1941 contributed to two world wars dragging on as long as they did. If the US doesn't get involved, then that vacuum will be filled by others. Kinda like what we have seen in Syria. The US dragged it's feet, so that void was quickly filled with Russia and Iran drooling at the chance to expand their influence in the region. Foreign policy is is kind of a "rock and a hard place" type of situation. Their are consequences or advantages to be made regardless of which direction you choose to take in those type of affairs.

Trump & Sanders learned from Paul's run.... don't run Independent. Run on the Dem & Rep ticket.

I just don't agree with his idea of completely disengaging from the world entirely. He was just far too isolationist minded for me. I do think the US meddles too much in world affairs, but that is just a holdover from the Cold War. That's the main reason the US made the foreign policy decisions it's made since 1945. But I also think there is some validity to how US foreign policy being mainly isolationist prior to 1941 contributed to two world wars dragging on as long as they did. If the US doesn't get involved, then that vacuum will be filled by others. Kinda like what we have seen in Syria. The US dragged it's feet, so that void was quickly filled with Russia and Iran drooling at the chance to expand their influence in the region. Foreign policy is is kind of a "rock and a hard place" type of situation. Their are consequences or advantages to be made regardless of which direction you choose to take in those type of affairs.

Love the the whole attitude of ...
Walk softly & carry a big stick.

TR said that I believe.
I'm surprised this is still alive so will try not to get it locked up. I for one would like to know, can DT get away with calling his opponents the names he uses without being sued ?

I believe Paul's foreign policy is not about isolationism, but about not spending lives and money in military operations that are not carefully thought through. The possible aftermath of the wars we get bogged down in are never considered....or maybe they are.
Vietnam and the Middle East are examples of such recklessness.

At least she brings some looks to the ticket.

:rolleyes:

Not to mention an impressive record of corporate destruction at HP.

The stupidity and incompetence of Sarah Palin with a corporate resume. Good thing Cruz isn't going to be president.

Cruz picks Farina as his running mate. What a great idea.

allen___farina___hoskins___small_talk.jpg
If you would have used a pic of Farina when he was younger I would have recognized him immediately. The "Our Gang" series commenced in 1922. Could some of you that were there at the beginning of the series comment on the initial release.

Don't think you're going to have many responses. That was 94 years ago. :rolleyes:
The way some of us talk about our age I would assume that there are a number of us that have 1 foot in the grave and the other half way in. Maybe an original "Sooner" hanging around?? Alright, not an original but an offspring? Too many numbers for me to calculate on my five finger calculator.

It's surprising that the last civil war veteran died in 1956; he last widow died in 2003. The last WW1 vet died in 2011. Time marches on with or without us.

Oklabama, I did not expect any of us to be there at the "Red Carpet" opening of the Rascals.

Reactions: Oklabama
It's surprising that the last civil war veteran died in 1956; he last widow died in 2003. The last WW1 vet died in 2011. Time marches on with or without us.

As Louis C.K. put it so well, "we're all dead people that haven't died yet." We're going to spend a LOT more time dead than we will alive. Most people are dead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT