ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Donovan to Thunder?

Sooner Redzone

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2002
I think his family talks him out of it. I also think Ollie knew fro the start Durant is undecided on staying. JayZ can't be good for OKC. I truly think Durant is undecided but not even close to seriously thinking about it either.

Sources: Thunder preparing offer, pushing to hire Florida coach Billy Donovan

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Pat Forde1 hour agoYahoo Sports

The Oklahoma City Thunder are preparing an offer for Florida coach Billy Donovan and pushing for him to accept the job as head coach, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Kevin Durant has reached out to multiple former University of Florida players in the NBA to gain insight into Donovan, league sources told Yahoo Sports, and has become generally positive about the potential hiring.

Donovan has had an interest in trying to speak to the Thunder’s key players, including Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, before accepting the job, but it was unclear if that would be facilitated for Donovan, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Presti and Donovan have a relationship that dates back a decade.

Oklahoma City has the potential to be an NBA championship contender next season, but the looming free agency of Durant (2016) and Westbrook (2017) are significant issues facing the franchise.

Donovan turned down offers to coach the Cleveland Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves a year ago.

He agreed to become the Orlando Magic's head coach in 2007, only to change his mind and return to Florida after signing a contract and holding a news conference. The NBA did not allow him to be considered for head-coaching jobs until the term of that five-year agreement ended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.