ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CT and anyone dealing with the snow storm in the northeast

All went well. A few hours before the storm got into our area, it veered 125 miles eastward and spared western and central Connecticut at least another foot of snow....I live in central Connecticut, smack dab in the center of the state and about 18 miles south of Hartford.....exactly halfway between NYC and Boston.
No loss of power or phone or cable.....there was 17 (seventeen) outages in the area I live.....100,000 had been predicted.
Had my driveway cleared in less than two hours. The snow was very light and fluffy and removing it was easy, even with 18-20 inches on my driveway. The very cold temperature of 20 degrees helped a lot, keeping the snow from getting wet and heavy.
I could go anywhere by the next day.
By noon I was inside my man cave with popcorn, hot chocolate, an even hotter wife and a warm Beagle puppy....watching 1967 OU highlights.

I regularly work with a small vendor in Seymour, CT. I was on the phone with him Monday, and he was headed home early in preparation for the snow. I haven't heard from him since, but maybe they are just milking it.
He wasn't too happy to hear they were anticipating 36" while we were expecting 80°F weather here in Dallas.

Seymour is about 25 miles southwest of where I live in Portland. Your vendor should have had the same amount of snow as me, maybe even slightly less.
When my wife retires in 7-8 years we plan to return to Texas, preferably around San Antonio or maybe around Houston, where I'm from originally. And it will likely be to a condo because I will not ever do yard work in Texas during the summer, especially when I will be over 70. Heat and humidity are harder for me than a blizzard.....and in Houston, it lasts at least 5 freaking months.
Connecticut is a great place to live, but it's not that good to retire in given the high cost of living.

CT, I didn't think it had gotten as bad in your state as some of the other northeastern states, but I have a client in the Boston area, and his company is shut down. Then today I heard a new report about a guy "losing" his home because of the snow, but I didn't get the area he was from. Just the interview. He said it was there and now it's gone. I can't even imagine snow causing that type of damage. Anyway, I glad you are toasty and can enjoy the OU history. Great to be a Sooner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT