ADVERTISEMENT

OT...crap the bed Mabel!!

It's still raining...Good lawd, where we at, Seattle, with some naders and flash flooding thrown in
just for grins and giggles?
Sheez!

Carry on, rant completed.:eek:
you ain't a kidding...sadly I whine about no rain etc.. Just escaped Elk City this last w/e before the deluge. Sadly I had to drive through the said deluge back to the pothandle of Tejas..

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Pretty sure OKC had more than 5 inches for the year.

But I know OUr north Texas lakes were between 10 and 25 feet below normal lake levels, and except for one, they're all overflowing now. I've only seen one thing like this in my memory, in the fall of 1984. Or was it 83? I just know I was coaching youth football and we didn't have practice or play a game for a month.

Sorry to hear and see all the rain and flooding going on. I hate it when it rains for three days in a row, so I can imagine I'd be ready for the loony bin if I had to go through what those in OK and TX are going through.

It's really not that bad from a psychological standpoint. It's a lot of rain, but it's a 1-3 hour monsoon every day with no rain in between.

I've spent a lot of time in Portland, OR my whole life, and that can be a psychological meltdown with less rain. It will just constantly spit on you for a week or two straight. You'll be screaming, "just come down and get it over with already!"

Reactions: Schoonerman
It's still raining...Good lawd, where we at, Seattle, with some naders and flash flooding thrown in
just for grins and giggles?
Sheez!

Carry on, rant completed.:eek:

pool.jpg

It's really not that bad from a psychological standpoint. It's a lot of rain, but it's a 1-3 hour monsoon every day with no rain in between.

I've spent a lot of time in Portland, OR my whole life, and that can be a psychological meltdown with less rain. It will just constantly spit on you for a week or two straight. You'll be screaming, "just come down and get it over with already!"

That sounds brutal.

Lived in Olympia and Tacoma WA for three years, and my eldest brother has lived in Portland for probably the last 30. Used to go visit him a lot. Great town, especially the Saturday market.

Oh goshky...
What is that intensely bright orb up in the sky this morning?

If memory serves we used to call it the sun.

(cue George Harrison..."Here comes the sun, do do do do, here comes the sun and I said, it's all right, do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do...)

The waters are receding. Time to mow and mow big time. Grass is 8" tall.

houston.jpg

8 inches is like, any taller and you'd need a brush hog.

Or a bunch of dang goats...your call.:)

I don't know, I might try this..............

One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw two pathetic-looking men by the side of the road, eating grass. He ordered his driver to stop and got out to investigate. He asked the men, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have no money for food," the first man replied.

"Then you must come with me to my house," insisted the lawyer.

"But, sir, I got a wife and three kids here," said the man.

"Bring them along!" replied the lawyer.

The second man exclaimed, "I got a wife and six kids!"

"Bring them as well!", the lawyer proclaimed as he headed back to his limo.

They all climbed into the car, and once underway, one of the men expresses, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "I'm most happy to do it. You'll love my place. The grass is almost a foot tall."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT