ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Christmas music saved the day.

Wufee

Sooner starter
Dec 12, 2001
Sorry for the grabby title but it happens to be true.

I’ve been dredding today. I’ve been procrastinating on updating my personal financial statement. My bankers have been tactfully requesting it for several weeks.

It’s somewhat convoluted and it would take more time for me to walk my acctng firm thru it than to do it myself. I’d almost rather fight Pinn than do it.

Anyway, I stayed home (with all my acctng reports) and started wading thru it . The first several hours went smoothly and I was starting to relax and was rolling with it. Buster sensed the lessening of tension in the air and he even conned me into a short walk.

I got back from the walk and settled into the home stretch. I’d completed all my supporting notes and schedules and started on my balance sheet.

Well things went to hell. Guess what, by it’s very definition a balance sheet is supposed to balance but mine didn’t. I fretted and fretted and sweated and sweated and really got pissed off. There was no one there for me to yell at except Buster and he’d already gone to another room.

So I finally stood up and glared our the window. I finally say to myself, dumb ass just chill the hell out and it’ll all fall into place. So I developed a plan. First I went and took a cool shower and it felt terrific.

I got out and dressed (I actually considered going commando) and went to my music controls and tuned in some Christmas music. It wasn’t 10 min before I started chilling. Christmas music is great therapy for the agitated mind.

I went back to my desk and 15 min later I had kicked that balance sheets ass. It felt wonderful. I hollered for Buster and he came running. I took him outside for a refreshing piss and went to the frig and celebrated with a frosty one.

Anyway boys, sorry if this was boring but I’m still feeling good about finishing the project and just had to let it out.

I’ll make the Bank buy me lunch in exchange for the reports. At least I’ve got the bank off my butt for a while. Later!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.