ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Can someone explain what happened here?

madbrad555

Sooner starter
Apr 7, 2012
Dallas
I took these a few months ago, but can someone much smarter than me explain WTF could have possibly happened?

Sorry for the bad quality. I have an iPhone10 but these look pretty bad.

It appears that something really heavy fell onto the cab and crushed it. I'm thinking a traffic light pole, or perhaps a telephone pole. Any way as a result, I believe the driver's door was knocked off it's hinges and then someone 'tossed' onto the top of the heap (cab). Pics were then taken before the tow truck hauled it's ass away. Hopefully there was no one in the truck when this occurred.

The impact did not come from above. It was a frontal impact at the dash level. The gooseneck of the storage unit hangs over the cab so there was not a direct drop weight onto the cab. The windshield looks as if it was sheared at the dash from a frontal impact and pushed back. The cab of the truck took the impact at the windshield level and threw the cab weight into the storage unit. Both doors buckled on impact at the hinges. The driver's side came completely off and was tossed on top of the damaged cab. The storage unit shows no signs of damage and the cab shows no signs of damage below the dash and forward of the windshield.

ADVERTISEMENT